Custom MantisX rail adapters

Dirk

Network Support I
I posted this over on the Facebook P&S - DIY forum, but had at least one request for a custom model so figured I'd bring it up here. (Mods, if there's a more appropriate forum let me know and/or move this; I just looked at the training forums and it didn't really seem appropriate, so figured this was next best place.)
-------------------------------

Got tired of not being able to use my MantisX with my non-MantisX-or-anything-else-on-the-rail-holding AIWB holster, so designed and 3D printed this. I'm lazy enough that I might have just bought an adapter from the MantisX website, but as far as I can tell they don't sell one for a full-size M&P; no idea why but whatever, "motivation" right?

20180518_153600-resize.jpg

For anyone who isn't aware of it, MantisX already makes a bunch of adapters for various magazines. You can order them from here:
https://mantisx.com/collections/rail-adapters

However, in my case they didn't have one for the M&P 9/40, so for that and some other reasons I just went and designed/3D printed my own. Although I did mine on my home printer, I ended up putting it up on Shapeways so other people can order it as well should you be in the same boat as I:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/F8Y46SKSD/m-p-9-40-magazine-base-plate-with-mantisx-mount

Aaaanyway, as a follow-up to the first conversation I had following my FB post, it's not cost-effective for me to make an adapter that MantisX has already made; although I could in theory make one and sell it to you for less than what they are asking, the whole process would be time-consuming and not all that much cheaper given shipping times and costs, my need for the appropriate magazine if I don't already own one, etc etc etc. However, if you need a mag rail adapter for your MantisX, and you cannot find it on their website, shoot me a PM or email or whateveritisyoudoonthisforumtodirectlycontactme and I'd be happy to work with you on beating MantisX to the market with a rail adapter for your specific magazine needs. :D