Covert Rifle Bags

WayneF

This is the tennis racket style case from Chickenhawk. I hated to give them money but it is actually a pretty slick little item.

10.5" shorty fits along with a 10 Speed for extra mags and a small FAK.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1432006815290.jpg
    FB_IMG_1432006815290.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 150
Current bag for my SBR. It had a divider for the small pocket, that got cut out. I then take my HawkePak, slide it in the bottom, and I've got a little bit of horsepower.

1c2d625cd621a6b123be781feff3b2c4.jpg

65454073ccc3a503c18b811f8f16ae80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam_s

So, revisiting this topic some: have you guys changed your carry guns/styles now that the LAW folders is in more common circulation and use?

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
I finally got around to putting the LAW folder on my SBR. Now its more compact and less "gun" for covert carry.

WayneF

I came to that conclusion after joking that I don't exactly look like your average tennis player. I have since swapped out to backpack. After having a couple of guys comment or ask questions about my purpose built "gun bags", I figured the most low profile option is a regular old pack.

I now run a 10.5" with a LAW Folder, medkit, spare rifle mag, spare pistol mag, and TRMR flashbang in this bag.

20151203_173220_zpsr4i1wer5.jpg

20151203_161656_zpswitftawu.jpg

Casey

My go-to is the Emdom/MM TNT GYM Bag. Really looks like a gym bag, unlike a lot of other "covert" cases, which might not look like rifle cases, but just look weird. The bag is padded to give it structure, eliminate printing, and protect its contents. There's a zippered sleeve for the lower that is held in place by hook and loop; the end user can position the sleeve at whatever angle is desired. The end pockets are functional, but the main compartment of the bag can expand into those pockets, allowing for more internal volume without increasing the external signature. I have mine set up similar to what's shown in the stock photos below—upper on one side, lower in the zippered sleeve, chest rig on the other side.

HSwHW0.jpg

CeGdrJ.jpg

XIx3q2.jpg

Images courtesy of Military Morons.

An excellent companion for these breakdown style cases is the Raven TopStop, which keeps the lube from the getting all over your bag, prevents the BCG from falling out, and keeps dirt and grime from getting into the upper. This does add an additional step to the reassembly process, so it may not be the best idea if rapid deployment is a concern.

LjHhA6.jpg

WayneF

I wasn't aware that the TRMR was available in the States yet. Where did you get them?

Sorry Joe, just saw this. We have been doing T&E on them with Helmie at SERT Systems who is bringing an updated version of the TRMR to the states.

adam_s

Anyone know if the Khard 30 will fit a 10.5" with a law folder?
It will BARELY fit. If you've got a long flash hider or the like, it will not. When I was toying with the backpack gun idea for a while, I had a SilencerCo muzzle brake shortened to a single chamber just to get it short enough to fit in the bag when assembled.

So, 10.3" gun with A2? Likely good to go. Anything else? Dicey.

Grayman

Established
It will BARELY fit. If you've got a long flash hider or the like, it will not. When I was toying with the backpack gun idea for a while, I had a SilencerCo muzzle brake shortened to a single chamber just to get it short enough to fit in the bag when assembled.

So, 10.3" gun with A2? Likely good to go. Anything else? Dicey.

You're the man!

DavidMS

Amateur
I hope thread necromancy is not frowned upon too deeply. I am looking for a discrete range bag (I live in a condo complex). Right now I am leaning hard towards the Emdom/MM TNT GYM bag. I have a few questions. Does it just easily hold a broken down AR carbine or can other equipment (eyepro/earpro, etc) also be carried within?