Conceal Carrying speed loaders for a revolver

Typical I carry a CZ P01 but on rare occasion I carry a 637 S&W revolver. Does anyone have a good way to conceal carry speedloaders?

Carry speed strips instead?

:)
Yeah I have those and do use them, I was just wondering if anyone has run across a way to carry speed loader like we can with an extra magazine in mag carriers. They have them for revolver shooters in competition but I have not run across anything more geared for CC.

ccw1911

The best I used for duty and cc had the rounds straddling your belt with a snap enclosure over the top, IIRC they were Safariland, don't know if that setup would work for a 5 shooter. They were about as flat as a magazine holder and very secure, with practice you could reload pretty quick.....for a wheel gun. Speed strips are a good way to carry your ammo so you can find it, but speed is not there thing, better than loose rounds in a pocket.

The best I used for duty and cc had the rounds straddling your belt with a snap enclosure over the top, IIRC they were Safariland, don't know if that setup would work for a 5 shooter. They were about as flat as a magazine holder and very secure, with practice you could reload pretty quick.....for a wheel gun. Speed strips are a good way to carry your ammo so you can find it, but speed is not there thing, better than loose rounds in a pocket.
Not finding anything on their site currently other than ones for competition. Their have some tazer reload holders that might work; but I’d need to see them in hand first. Will keep an eye out for that style for sure.

Kain

Not trying to drift your topics OP. I wonder how much of a market there is for revolver reloads for CC applications? I am bouncing a few ideas around in my head on ways things could be carried, perhaps a kydex type application. Or some sort of carrier that had rounds carried bullet down but like almost sat across the belt line. Hmmm. Off to the workshop I go and with reason to buy another gun or three.

Can't figure out how to edit my post so... the Safariland holders I mentioned are model 371 Split Six.

Yeah I couldn’t find them on their site, but I found them on amazon. Looks like they straddle the belt to hold them close to the body. Might need to try those.

Not trying to drift your topics OP. I wonder how much of a market there is for revolver reloads for CC applications? I am bouncing a few ideas around in my head on ways things could be carried, perhaps a kydex type application. Or some sort of carrier that had rounds carried bullet down but like almost sat across the belt line. Hmmm. Off to the workshop I go and with reason to buy another gun or three.

Yeah I wish someone made a IWB Kydex similar to these mag models from Phlster.

Attachments

• 10C3D2E2-8913-4D73-9F9B-811EDD87F0CD.png
    10C3D2E2-8913-4D73-9F9B-811EDD87F0CD.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • 7D013513-7222-4692-9339-83884518D0D4.jpeg
    7D013513-7222-4692-9339-83884518D0D4.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 28

shoobe01

Established
Review of Split Six and a similar DeSantis.
https://revolverguy.com/safariland-split-six-desantis-second-six/

Also have had this kicking around my brain and I think this is what I had seen friends use 20 years ago, and was trying to come up with:
https://www.copsplus.com/safariland-speedloader-holder-for-1-75-belt-model-cd-6
Safariland CD-6
cd-6.jpg

Steel, so zero extra bulk. And this one rides above the belt, so doesn't stick out far, and is damned concealable. It is 100% held with tension and prayer, so there's that.

Googling to find better photos (cannot), ran across what strikes me as a modern kydex update to that:
http://www.joxloaderpouches.com/CustomerGear.html
bob_1(web).jpg

Looks cool to me. May be worth trying one, enough I am going to go order at least one now just to have it:
https://revolverguy.com/jox-loader-pouches/

jBravo3

Maybe this question needs its own thread, but I figure anyone looking here is a revolver type guy anyway, and might have some insight and a good answer for me. I have a few revolvers, but they are either heirloom guns, or just for fun type guns. I wouldn't seriously consider them viable options for concealed carry/EDC in 2018. I equate them to flip phones vs smart phones. They will work, but why use them when modern technology offers so many advantages (M&P Shield, G43, G26, etc.)? The only plusses I've heard when I've asked this question at classes have been that they can be reliably/repeatedly fired from a pocket, or when pressed against an assailant, a revolver won't be taken out of battery. But then my internalized response to that is kind of "meh, doesn't matter, I can't imagine a scenario when I'd shoot from a pocket and I carry a G19 w/ an x300 which prevents it being taken out of battery at contact anyway." I know there's guys out there that can probably run a wheel gun more efficiently than I can run a semi (Jerry M., Mass. A., etc.), but they're a dying breed (I say that with absolutely zero disrespect intended). So help me out here - is there a reasonable cause to carry a revolver in 2018, considering the available semi alternatives and what they offer in relative/comparable size, weight, price, capacity, reliability? I'm not trying to be argumentative at all, I'm just trying to see if I'm missing something (as is often the case). To answer OP's original question, I think I'd just go with strips if I carried a revolver. Thanks in advance.

TacMed

Amateur
So help me out here - is there a reasonable cause to carry a revolver in 2018, considering the available semi alternatives and what they offer in relative/comparable size, weight, price, capacity, reliability?

There are some of us old timers who have many, many more rounds fired through a revolver than a semi automatic, and there aren't enough years left to balance the scales.

jBravo3

There are some of us old timers who have many, many more rounds fired through a revolver than a semi automatic, and there aren't enough years left to balance the scales.

I get that, was just wondering if there was anything deeper that I was missing though. Thanks for the reply.