Compensating a 2011

Recondo2117

Amateur
As the title states, I am looking into adding a carry style compensator to a Staccato P DUO (4.4 inch barrel).

I don't want a three inch long USPSA Open style compensator. I'm looking for something akin to Glock style single chamber compensator that will only add 0.75" to 1" to the end of the pistol.

Does anyone on the forum know if there any gun smiths that offer this service to an existing pistol? I'm sure it would have to be a new barrel that is threaded and fitted for a compensator. Or, should I just keep on saving for a year in order to get a dedicated compensated 2011 like a Chambers or a Nighthawk?

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Have you already purchased the Staccato P? Or currently looking at 2011s that either are or can be comped?

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Then your best bet would probably be to reach out to AJ Zito at Practical Performance or Chambers Custom. They should both be able to fit a new barrel and comp to the P for a reasonable price - just keep in mind, “reasonable” is a sliding scale and will be a higher range for a 2011 than it would be for a Glock

what about this? Stacc-Port Porting

or the chunk port from cutter machine?

Recondo2117

Amateur
what about this? Stacc-Port Porting

or the chunk port from cutter machine?
I had seen the Chunk port, but cutting the slide and barrel makes me hesitate because it just seems like there could be 2nd and 3rd order effects down the line to me. I considered the Stacc-Port, but again, I'm not overly fond of the idea of cutting the slide or barrel if it can be avoided.

I like Rudukai13's suggestion and will reach out to Chambers Customs or Practical Performance I'm sure it'll be a pretty penny for a new barrel, but it should pale in comparison to the $4500-$7000 for a dedicate compensated pistol.

Recondo2117

Amateur
I found the compensator I would like to use. Now it's just a matter of finding a .575 x 40 threaded 4.4 inch barrel and a gunsmith to install it.