Comped P07?

SmElly

Any resources on/experience with compensating a P07?

Good idea or bad idea?

Ammunition/recoil spring recommendations?

I played with a P07 and a Primary Machine Stealth Comp for a while. I was able to use the stock recoil spring without any issues, but I was strictly shooting 124gr Lawman. I didn't test reliability with duty ammo since it was just a range toy. I never had any reliability issues at all, but that is just my experience and is a sample size of 1 with only one type of ammo.

As for the good idea/bad idea question, I think it comes down to the same argument about compensating any handgun. It will mitigate some muzzle rise and stay flatter at the cost of increased noise/concussion and a potential decrease in reliability. If your grip and recoil management is already solid, the comp will help. If there is still work to do on your grip the comp may still help, but probably won't get you the results you are after.

View attachment 6562

Attachments

• 1591045182022.png
    1591045182022.png
    703.2 KB · Views: 18

SmElly

I played with a P07 and a Primary Machine Stealth Comp for a while. I was able to use the stock recoil spring without any issues, but I was strictly shooting 124gr Lawman. I didn't test reliability with duty ammo since it was just a range toy. I never had any reliability issues at all, but that is just my experience and is a sample size of 1 with only one type of ammo.

As for the good idea/bad idea question, I think it comes down to the same argument about compensating any handgun. It will mitigate some muzzle rise and stay flatter at the cost of increased noise/concussion and a potential decrease in reliability. If your grip and recoil management is already solid, the comp will help. If there is still work to do on your grip the comp may still help, but probably won't get you the results you are after.

View attachment 6562
Great stuff, thank you