Colt XM177E2

shoobe01

Established
Pretty. First I have heard of it, but neat and very cool you went to the proper effort to get the right length, right device, and SBR'd it instead of gheying it up with a brace. Should also cause a few collector heads to lightly explode. It's a real XM177E2 because Colt says so. That's the model number in the catalog and on the side :)

20180630_104624.jpg

Also cool it has the third position marked properly, since I have rarely seen that. Seems most inspectors get upset if a semi maker does that. Got a silly mark on one of my group buy lowers, because we couldn't get AUTO even after asking.

Too bad forward assist (and fences??? Is that proper?), but what can you do?

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
Hardly clone correct but based on the XM177. A1 upper with a 10.3 Mk18 spec barrel (not A1) and a XM style flash hider sized and weighted to be correct.

M4 style lower with A1 grip and Brownells polymer CAR stock. I did cheat a bit with an A5 receiver extension and buffer system.

Light and handy gun, and surprisingly smooth shooting.

Enhanced a little with a Fury on a GGG mount and generic barrel clamp rail.

Attachments

• 20211202_185805.jpg
    20211202_185805.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 22

5150Magnet

Amateur
Late to the party, but very envious of all your guys' rifles. To Dan and Shoobe I love the attention to detail.

Pat, I'm really digging yours. I'm definitely not 100% spot-on period correct with mine. I have a few that are -ish enough that to the casual observer its close enough. My philosophy for them is appearance-wise they're pretty close, but performance wise they're using better technology (modern components) when being used.

I don't have any exact clones. Mostly because I live in a state that SBRing is not an option. Most of my clones-ish are of GWOT vintage. One day I hope to get something close to a XM like you guys or a 602.