Colt M45A1 fot and finish questions

Burnman

So I picked up a Colt M45A1 (non-Marine version) from a buddy of mine for a ridiculous good price. He said hes never shot it and from the looks of it, I believe him. However, I've noticed a few things about it and was looking for some input on whether I should send it to Colt or should i just go ahead and send it to a reputable 1911 gunsmith because I want the thing to run.

So, first, both the trigger and grip safety are very "jiggly", meaning, I can I can hold the pistol by the grip and move both of those pieces around and they move around enough when rotating the pistol that they make noise

Secondly, when ejecting the magazine, the magazine release is "clicky" and a little sticky. I've taken it out and lubed but it still does it. I've looked for any wear spots but havent seen any.

I'm taking it out this weekend to see how function is, but with the fit and finish to seem subpar, I don't have high hopes.

Thanks in advance for any input

JLL2013

All of that is typical for the M45A1. The only thing that seems off is how much play is in the grip safety. Replacing the sear spring may help that.

Colt did an absolutely shitty job with the cerakote on them; poor prep and not enough time to cure. This is why you saw all of those pistols dumped on the secondary market: USMC took their shitty M45A1s to Colt and said "contract says 'repair or replace'" and Colt said "replace" and gave the USMC ionbond coated guns.
The safety on those always dug into my hand, it was not blended at all. Trigger was mediocre; this may or may not have been related to it being a Series 80 gun.

If the cerakote doesn't start to flake it should be fine reliability-wise. The dual-recoil spring system Colt dreamed up actually seems to work as advertised.

They could be good guns with a little work, as they stand they're just ok.