Colt 6920-oem2

I recently picked up a Colt 6920-oem2 to put together a basic patrol rifle. I know there has been some grumbling about Colt quality control lately and I would like to answer any questions/post up some pictures of the rifle I purchased to inform others of what I got off the shelf. I am not an armorer, just a basic patrol/SWAT dude that has some knowledge of firearms. I'll attach some pictures of the rifle right out of the box and some pictures I just took of the rifle after about 1000 rounds since I forgot to snap pics brand new. Please feel free to ask questions and I will reply with what I can/post up pictures of the rifle. As stated about I purchased this rifle off the shelf without any incentive price or good guy discount. This is a personal rifle that may see use on patrol. If I remember correctly I paid right around $750 out the door. Rifle came packaged like your typical Colt. Wrapped in plastic and covered in cosmolene. First thing I did was completely clean and lube the rifle. Inspected parts, to the best of my knowledge and then had my agency armorer take a look at the rifle. The armorer had no issues with anything he saw. Gas key and buffer tube appear to be staked properly. Lower parts all function properly and within spec. Gas block is a factory pinned colt piece that looks like a milled down FSB. Flash hider is a standard A2 birdcage. If I was to take an estimated guess I would say the barrel nut was properly torqued, but I don't have anything to measure torque while removing the factory nut and I didn't much care to double check it since I was removing it anyway. All in all I think Colt has a winning package put together with the OEM2. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Mike F

Amateur
I recently picked up a Colt 6920-oem2 to put together a basic patrol rifle. I know there has been some grumbling about Colt quality control lately and I would like to answer any questions/post up some pictures of the rifle I purchased to inform others of what I got off the shelf. I am not an armorer, just a basic patrol/SWAT dude that has some knowledge of firearms. I'll attach some pictures of the rifle right out of the box and some pictures I just took of the rifle after about 1000 rounds since I forgot to snap pics brand new. Please feel free to ask questions and I will reply with what I can/post up pictures of the rifle. As stated about I purchased this rifle off the shelf without any incentive price or good guy discount. This is a personal rifle that may see use on patrol. If I remember correctly I paid right around $750 out the door. Rifle came packaged like your typical Colt. Wrapped in plastic and covered in cosmolene. First thing I did was completely clean and lube the rifle. Inspected parts, to the best of my knowledge and then had my agency armorer take a look at the rifle. The armorer had no issues with anything he saw. Gas key and buffer tube appear to be staked properly. Lower parts all function properly and within spec. Gas block is a factory pinned colt piece that looks like a milled down FSB. Flash hider is a standard A2 birdcage. If I was to take an estimated guess I would say the barrel nut was properly torqued, but I don't have anything to measure torque while removing the factory nut and I didn't much care to double check it since I was removing it anyway. All in all I think Colt has a winning package put together with the OEM2. View attachment 1030View attachment 1031View attachment 1032View attachment 1033

I also bought an OEM2 back in December. I'm pretty happy with mine as well. Colt may finally be getting with the times and figuring out what people want.

I haven't been able to get my hands on an OEM-2 at my shop just to confirm my gut feeling, so forgive my question: Is the low profile gas block secured with the traditional taper pin? I haven't found anything definitive on this yet. Thanks in advance!

ABNAK

Is the low profile gas block secured with the traditional taper pin? I haven't found anything definitive on this yet. Thanks in advance!

Yeah, it's a shaved-down standard Colt FSB (at least the one I saw at a local gun shop had what appeared to be taper pins). Saw one for $689 but I have AR's out the wazoo and need another like a hole in the head. If I was in the market I'd have jumped on it.

I haven't been able to get my hands on an OEM-2 at my shop just to confirm my gut feeling, so forgive my question: Is the low profile gas block secured with the traditional taper pin? I haven't found anything definitive on this yet. Thanks in advance!

Yes. Taper pins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk