Cold weather shooting gloves

Qanawim

What kind do you like?

I'm look for a pair that's as thin as possible, but will still insulate at 0-30 degrees F.

Mechanics gloves makes slightly insulated glove. It may be a bit bulky for some pistols I've used them with my glocks and I wear them hunting and shooting rifles. I also wear them to work as a delivery driver. They work kinda ok with touch screens. -5 is all I've been able to handle with them. I'll get about one winter before they fall apart but for 20 bucks and being able to get them online or at most auto parts stores I've liked them.
029110dc47179f8ea52f8df7673a466b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mr Hardy

Well, it depends on what you need them for. I'm not an expert, but I'm from New England and use mine for patrol, training and Team stuff.

Honestly, something like this is a lifesaver. Then you can use whatever shooting gloves you like, and then this thing works in the downtime, and you can add hand warmers if it is really cold, or for long exposures.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/CAB...VjITICh2ZjgGbEAQYASABEgK9MvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I use SKD Pig Delta gloves as long as I can and then switch to Mechanic Fastfits when the Pigs are too cold. I hate velcro.

For extreme cold (below 0) and long exposures, or low activity I usually carry in my pack a set of these:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HotHands-Fleece-Glove-Mittens-Mossy-Oak-Camo/19765499

Arc’teryx cold WX contact gloves and my jacket pocket when on patrol (LE side), if in armor I just picked up a hand warmer that mounts to my PC like a dangler that I’m playing with. Long time hands on gun can’t stick them in pockets, Arc’teryx cold WX glove AR. I can also double up the contact gloves and cold WX AR. Unfortunately I don’t think Arc’teryx sales them anymore.

The OR Stormtracker heated gloves are on sale right now and I found them to be a very good option. Definitely not a super thin glove, but I don't have issues shooting rifle or pistol with them, and they have little rechargeable batteries that actively heat the gloves. I used them last week on a series of hits where we started out in the mid-20's, eventually warming up a little, and my hands didn't get cold at all, which is a rarity for me.

You will have to get used to shooting with them, but it didn't take long for me, and I'm not a big fan of shooting with gloves.

There was a good modcast on this topic:

My main gloves/shooting experience is from duck hunting, and it doesn't get quite that cold where I live (not below 20F). I can work/load a shotgun with a mechanix fastfit on my right hand no problem (assuming it's not raining). I wear something more substantial on my left hand.

chasnojm

If you aren't in the polar vortex, but temperature is still in the low 30's, I recently bought a pair of the First Spear Multi Climate Gloves. They aren't too shabby. they are thin, but take the bite out of the cold, protect your hands and have great dexterity. I have these and OR Ironsight gloves in my normal kit. Anything more, then a gortext OR glove is needed.

This last elk season I work oakley centerfire gloves. theyre waterproof and insulated. I hunt in pretty cold weather, and I was pleased with how they performed.

Runcibleman

Ditto on the First Spear Multi Climate Gloves. As long as you're doing stuff with your hands and not touching wet stuff very much, you'll be okay with those. Their velcro is incredibly shitty though. I think they meant to make it "really quiet". And it is, but it makes for terrible closure.