CNC Holsters Keroman V1 Review thread.

ImBatman

I'm on a boat!
As follows is a collection of my review thread on FB of the Keroman V1. I've since switched to a Keroman V2 to test and review it.

I was contacted by Clark Trost of CNC Holsters to conduct a review for P&S. We discussed back and forth of what we felt was a good representation of what makes his work above average, a model that demonstrates why a person should go with his company. As pictured is what I got in the mail for T&E, a RS capable Glock 19 holster to fit both RMR and Uboat. I will be comparing this to the RCS Eidolon as I feel it's the current gold standard for concealment and general capability, and the VG3 for its widely known characteristics and how I've previously carried a Uboat equipped 19.

Over the next few weeks I intend to test the following

1) how the holster holds up to long term wear
2) How the holster handles movement over long distance, including a 5-6 mile hike if I can make it happen
3) How the wedge design Clark prefers (a soft cell foam vice a hard plastic) handles compression and if it retains its form
4) How the design works with both loops and struts as both are an option for the holster

Initial Impressions

I wore the holster for a few hours the day I got it, all day the following day, and all day for a range day the day after with no comfort issues. The holster with the loops it came with rides high, with the grip fully clearing the belt and offering an easily accessed grip on the draw. Concealment is superb for how high the gun rides (this can be adjusted lower but I'm enjoying it as is) and while it does print slightly more than an eidolon I don't feel like it's unreasonable for the height I have it set at and the sheer mass I'm working to conceal. During my range day I ran a few reps with a friends Roland Special and fit superbly well, with the comp fully covered mitigating any heat concerns.

I'll be updating this thread over the next few weeks, if you have any questions or activities you'd like to see it put to the test on feel free to chime in. Clark has been tagged, and can answer anything from the manufacturing perspective you're curious about.

-------------------------------

I'm going to start in with my comparison to the VG3, and why I think this is the superior choice. I'll start with the basic fact that I'm a fat kid and the VG3 allows all kinds of poking and prodding against the fluff that I've got. This in and of itself isn't the end of the world for a carry holster however I have a tendency to have a fouled draw with the VG3 as the front sight catches on my jeans or the bottom of my belt. simply put I'm not a fan at all of this and it precludes me from wanting to use the VG3 for carry, I know my luck and I'll fuck up the draw when it's needed most.

The other major advantage is the more positive reholster, namely there's right and wrong and only that, with a clear confirmation that you're right or wrong. I know many here that don't feel the same way I do, but I prefer the enclosed holster. The other part of this is the heat management for lots of reps of live fire, because burning your junk sucks.

Due to the nature of the "bulk" of the holster being under the pants and only the sweat guard being above the waistline I don't see an advantage to the VG3 from a concealment perspective, nor is there a large comfort advantage one way or the other. The VG3 has a tendency to move with your body a little better, however I'm nearly positive that's only due to the two loop configuration it's currently set up in. I'll report back on that over the next few days as I've got a hike planned and I'll get some miles in with it appendix.

---------------------------------------------------

Just did a four mile hike with my holster appendix (not my favorite way to carry while hiking but the only way to carry for today's particular hike due to shitty policies from the company)

There were no noticeable hot spots, no shifting, no issues with the holster becoming uncomfortable and no rubbing. I also didn't find it to be printing at all during the hike even when going up approximately 1700ft in elevation.

--------------------------------------------------

After five months of carry this holster has set the bar for me in what I want out of an RS compatible appendix rig. There have been countless range days, thousands of rounds down and quite a few very long days in the car with this gun and holster combo. I wouldn't hesitate at all to run one for the foreseeable future. The V2 review shall continue in this thread on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/PSP...16180/?match=Y25jIGhvbHN0ZXJzLGNuYyBob2xzdGVy with the focus on the V2 Keroman.

--------------------------------------------------

Lastly, one of my favorite pictures to come from this thread, with a huge thank you to Jon D. for drawing it. X, Y, Z axis.jpg

Attachments

• X, Y, Z axis.jpg
    X, Y, Z axis.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Abuchanan

Amateur
I just bought a Keroman v2 this past week to try out vs my vg3, that I was previously in love with. I kinda figured that the keroman would be a bit better than the vg3, but I had NO IDEA how much better it actually is. Whenever I first opened the box, i had just got home from golfing, and I threw it in my pants just to check it out, and with my g19 with uboat and rmr, Freya AND g17 length mag, it concealed perfectly with a long sleeve golf shirt. I then started to sweat and get oober-hot about the holster and could not stop wearing it. Those of you that golf, know that concealing with one of those flimsy lightweight golf shirts (that are even lighter than t shirts) is damn near impossible. It's no problem with the keroman. With the vg3, I can barely conceal a standard g19 mag with the Freya under a t shirt or button-down. The rest of that day I carried it, until bed, and then i carried it the entire day the next day, with no uncomfortable pinching or rubbing after about 11 hours of having it on. Sitting down is way easier and more comfortable, driving is a dream. Drawing and re-holstering are far easier with this holster than with the vg3, re-holstering obviously so. And as Lee said above, the only down side i have yet to fins about this holster is the "high" sweat guard, i usually like to have a low or medium, and i might dremel it down a slight bit. I also like the fact he offers the attachment package, so if i decide to switch from the overhooks to the soft loops i dont have to purchase them separate. As i get more time and rounds in with the holster i may report back anything else i find as well, but my "initial impressions plus wet pants" are that this thing is top notch. @Clark Trost You have 1 more incredibly impressed customer, i'll be sending oodles more guys your way.