CNC Holsters Glock 19x Rmr Cut review

Joe _K

Established
Ohh yea, I still haven’t received my refund. Another lie. Clark is excellent at that, lying to customers.

I get it, joining a forum and then immediately, and solely posting up negative information on a vendor on a site might make you feel better, warn others about your experience, and possibly speed up the process of you getting your refund but it’s a weird way to introduce yourself to the forum. And while Clark may have lied to you, unless he stated by what date you’d receive your refund, and that date has passed, doesn’t seem to fit the category as lying.

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2:5‬

Gypsy EDC

**This was my experience, yours may vary**
*I have all the comms saved in the event he gets upset about my honesty*

CNC Holsters RMR Cut Review

I contacted CNC, along with a few other companies about an RMR cut for my 19x in early-mid June. Specifically, I wanted an RMR cut and only the bare metal refinished where the slide was machined. I like the factory FDE finish and did now want to change it. In my search, several of the larger machine shops known for their RMR cuts would only do complete re-finish and suggested using cold-blue if they I did not want a complete finish. Clark Trost at CNC Holsters told me he could do a tool black finish on the bare metal for corrosion. I knew of the company from their Holsters and had seen some of Clark’s work on the CNC slides that he provides BigTexOutdoors. Communication at this point was very quick and clear. Clark quoted me 2 weeks for the cut and tool black finish. I went through the formalities with a few other companies and finally settled on CNC. I shipped my new, never fired 19x slide on July 5 via USPS priority.

Quality

Clark doesn’t require the RMR to be sent in with the slide. That said, the fit is super tight. It took a while to get my RMR seated and I had finesse it on and off a few times before I wasn’t fighting with it. He does his cuts with bosses but the fit is so good that they really aren’t necessary. I’m confident that I could get a few rounds off without it being secured via screws before it would fly off. He also installed a set of Trijicon suppressor height sights that I supplied. No issues with that install other than tooling marks. He makes a good product, but nothing that the other shops don’t do and especially for what you will read below.
As good as the fit was, I did receive my slide back with machine marks and some dried chemicals (assuming from the machining work) on it. I had to work off all of the black marks left by the machine that held it in place during the cut. Nothing serious, but I expect to receive a clean slide back.

Time

As noted earlier, Clark quoted me “about 2 weeks” turnaround for the slide cut and tool black. His website says 3, so I just anticipated 3. On July 8, I sent a message to him because I received a delivery notice the day prior that the postal worker could not access the deliver site. He promptly replied, letting me know that his shop was closed and doesn’t accept mail on Saturday. My slide was delivered to him on July 9. I received my slide back on August 25. FYI, that’s not really a good turnaround time.

Communication

Awful. Comms were quick up to the point of receiving my slide. I contacted Clark via the website, email, and company Facebook page on July 31 for an update. Specifically to just let me know if it was going to be late. He responded the same day and stated that it would be done and shipped early next week. I contacted him via the same channels on August 8 asking for an update, again on August 9 and finally August 10 before getting a response. We talked throughout a few messages about his communication issues (2nd time discussing this) and he told me, yet again, that it would be done at the beginning of the week and he would let know on Sunday, August 12 if it was done or not. He also said that he doesn’t have time to check his emails and messages because it would tie up his time. I get that, but when he’s making Facebook posts, videos, Instagram posts, etc..... it just doesn’t add up. Stop lying. I contacted him again on August 15 because guess what? He didn’t contact me on the 12th as he said. He responded that the slide was cut and being mailed that day. Its a 2 day ship speed from out locations, even by snail mail. On August 20 I contacted Clark AGAIN because I hadn’t received my slide or any tracking info. He said he would get me the tracking later in the evening when he was off the road. Well, a Facebook video and some posts later, he still hadn’t contacted me. 2 more emails and nothing from him. I posted on his Facebook video that he posted and all of a sudden he had time to respond to me and of course delete my comment. Surprise! There was a shipping issue and it hadn’t shipped. He was going to figure it out. Back and forth we went, and it finally shipped on Thursday, August 23rd and I received it August 25th.

He has agreed to give me a refund on the cost because of the issues. I have not received the refund yet though, so that is to be seen. Will update on if he follows through. I suspect from previous experience that he will not.

I WOULD NOT do business again and DO NOT recommend this company. Terrible business acumen, lies, awful communication. The guy, Clark, dug himself in a hole from the get go by not communicating and spilling lies. Had he just been honest from the start that he was a few weeks behind because he wanted to drink beers, then whatever. Don’t lie to paying customers. During this process I found a BBB complaint on him for a slide cut that took 14 weeks! The folks had been trying to contact him and he avoided them until they finally filed with the BBB. Reading through threads and posts on other forums and social media, this is the norm for him.
I am a small business owner X2, the customer is always right even when they're wrong.
When they're wrong I will do my best to gently shepherd them back onto the right path. But ultimately the choice is theirs alone.
I always do my best to under promise and over deliver (not always easy) people are much happier when they get thier stuff sooner than expected, rather than later.

Communication is key to managing expectations. If something is happening outside my control that increases wait times I communicate that in real time and offer refunds.

I set aside an hour in the AM and an hour in the PM for calls /emails.

My guess is that by the time he got to your slide the nagging had reached a point that the "finishing touches" weren't applied with great care (Scuffs etc.)

His communication appears (according to you) to have been poor and dishonest. At the same time you could have asked for a refund and your slide back sans work at anytime along the way.

You didn't I assume because he was offering something unique that you wanted enough to deal with getting the run-around.

In closing (just my opinion);

1. You should have posted screenshots of the pertinent communication (my wife and I can come to very different conclusions reading the same email) your condensed version may not be the way someone else reads it.

2. Asking for a full refund while keeping the full benefit, is something that I find odd. That isn't how business works (although sometimes it's just easier to grease the squeaky wheel). The heart of capitalism is creating a win/ win for buyer/ seller.

jpar15

My current experience mirrors that of Gibby0311's. I am actually just relieved that he ended up getting his slide back, because I was starting to wonder if I had gotten scammed. My curiosity led me to this forum and post.

I sent my slide in mid July and am still waiting on it. Communication leaves a LOT to be desired to say the least.

It is not my intention to speak negatively of the company, but feel that others who may be considering using their services have an idea what to expect.

952melvin

My current experience, I had questions before sending my slide, emailed him and contacted his company Facebook with no response. Used his personal IM to contact and ask a question which was answered.

I sent the slide in on August 10th and it was delivered per USPS tracking on Monday the 13th of August. At the time, and depending on where you looked on the website, lead time was 3 to 4 weeks. On September 20th I messaged him on his personal facebook IM asking if he sent out shipping notices when the slide was shipped, he said yes. I then asked lead time, he said right now 6-7 weeks as he was busy with a contract job at the time. I was at 5.5 weeks and said I'd patiently wait.

The next day on the 21st he posted on the CNC Facebook page "As of right now all ordering is turned off on the website for an undetermined amount of time. We are extremely busy in the machine shop on other projects and do not have enough time to properly keep up with the Holsters/slides for our customers. To prevent anymore leadtime issues this is necessary. Sorry for those of you that have waited longer leadtimes. And any order that’s currently made will be fulfilled, but no new orders will be able to be made."

I'm trying to be patient, but I see these posts and lack of progress on my end and I'm getting nervous and annoyed. I messaged him again today so we'll see what his response is. I was going to go with another company or CNC, I went with CNC. The other company is just a bit more expensive and they seem to do good work. I see them post daily on Facebook and they're burning down customer orders and doing it in like 2-3 weeks depending on finishing.

jpar15

My current experience, I had questions before sending my slide, emailed him and contacted his company Facebook with no response. Used his personal IM to contact and ask a question which was answered.

I sent the slide in on August 10th and it was delivered per USPS tracking on Monday the 13th of August. At the time, and depending on where you looked on the website, lead time was 3 to 4 weeks. On September 20th I messaged him on his personal facebook IM asking if he sent out shipping notices when the slide was shipped, he said yes. I then asked lead time, he said right now 6-7 weeks as he was busy with a contract job at the time. I was at 5.5 weeks and said I'd patiently wait.

The next day on the 21st he posted on the CNC Facebook page "As of right now all ordering is turned off on the website for an undetermined amount of time. We are extremely busy in the machine shop on other projects and do not have enough time to properly keep up with the Holsters/slides for our customers. To prevent anymore leadtime issues this is necessary. Sorry for those of you that have waited longer leadtimes. And any order that’s currently made will be fulfilled, but no new orders will be able to be made."

I'm trying to be patient, but I see these posts and lack of progress on my end and I'm getting nervous and annoyed. I messaged him again today so we'll see what his response is. I was going to go with another company or CNC, I went with CNC. The other company is just a bit more expensive and they seem to do good work. I see them post daily on Facebook and they're burning down customer orders and doing it in like 2-3 weeks depending on finishing.

Any luck yet 952melvin? I am still waiting. It has been over 3 months now for me. Pretty frustrating to say the least. I have had to carry my 1911 in my Glock 19s absence, and I would not wish that on anyone ;)

952melvin

Any luck yet 952melvin? I am still waiting. It has been over 3 months now for me. Pretty frustrating to say the least. I have had to carry my 1911 in my Glock 19s absence, and I would not wish that on anyone ;)

Ya, I wish.

I forgot to add, but on the 4th after I posted I was told by another P&S member who knows Clarks only employee that my slide was milled and waiting for nitride. On October 12th I asked on the CNC FB messenger when it would be done. I was told they were waiting on Nitride to come back and it would have been back by the 19th I was assured, they also said they ship same day the receive nitride generally. Well here we are on the 26th and no slide, no shipping email. I asked if it had been milled prior to this because I was going to tell them to send it back and send it to DP Custom or JW.

I have since learned they're doing machining jobs for another AR15 parts company, I asked/joked towards Clark on that companies followers FB page and he assured it was in the works, I can't find that post any longer. I almost feel like asking that companies owner to ask him where my order is, but that seems intrusive. But then again at this point here I am almost 11 weeks later and I've been lied to that my order would ship last week and now it hasn't even shipped this week.

952melvin

Update:

I received an email response the night of my last post, October 26th, from Clark Trost. Clark said it was being finished up at nitride again as it was damaged in shipping, he said he should see it by end of next week. I was concerned obviously and asked what was damaged, he said the finish was dinged on the edge of the serrations and it went back for touch up. I never received notice of this until I emailed and asked what was going on.

Here we are, the "end of next week" has come and gone and I have no slide and no shipping confirmation.

jpar15

And another update, I have ruffled feathers and now have my slide coming back to me milled but with no finishing at my request.
How did you get ahold of them? They have never responded to emails, facebook messages, or voicemails for me. The few times I have managed to get ahold of them were by phone, where I would get the "Its being nitrided, and you will have it in a week" line that I first heard back in August. Lately they have not been answering the phone at all.

I am about a 2 hour drive away, and may have to go get it in person it seems.