Charging Handle Recommendation Please

Freedom Forged

So I added a Steiner LPVO to my DDM4V11. The optic sits far enough to the rear for proper eye relief that it make getting a purchase on the charging handle a little difficult. I'm looking for a replacement CH that has some extension. I considered the Geissele SCH but I'm not sure if it's an extended handle. Recommendations?
David

Mike_IA

What LPVo are you running? Typically the rear of the optic should be level with the charging handle. The Geissele SCH, Raptor, and Badger are all about as wide as the forward assist is. I have found the Geissele to be less snaggy than the raptor. I have broken Badgers but not Geissele it Raptors

jBravo3

I run BCM Mod4 on all my guns except one, and don't have any complaints except maybe lack of ambi. No probs running the Mod4 with the Steiner. I do have the SCH on one rifle, so I'll try and switch them out and attach some comparison pics for you. SCH is most def a quality piece tho, and that ambi option is nice.
IMG_20180427_103123.jpgIMG_20180427_102649.jpgIMG_20180427_102928.jpg

Freedom Forged

What LPVo are you running? Typically the rear of the optic should be level with the charging handle. The Geissele SCH, Raptor, and Badger are all about as wide as the forward assist is. I have found the Geissele to be less snaggy than the raptor. I have broken Badgers but not Geissele it Raptors

Here is a pic. I run my stock fully extended.

Attachments

• DDM4V11.JPG
    DDM4V11.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 58

McQueen

You'll likely have trouble manipulating any charging handle with your optic so far back (and low), and you'll run into additional stabbing and snagging issues with a substantially larger latch. I know Frank Proctor runs his stock all the way out with a red dot, and collapses the stock a few notches to get proper eye relief on his LPVO's.

I personally found charging handle manipulation to be more convenient with a 1.93" mount, and I use Geissele's smaller latched ACH.

Joe _K

Established
Collapse the stock a couple notches and move the optic forward so you can use the charging handle.

This. Also if your not sure about the 1.93, or 2.04” mount, pick up an el’cheapo 1/2” flat top riser, mount everything up and do some dry fire stuff with it.

“Don’t go slow, be careful” - Jedi

MuskokaJoe

I really like the Radian Raptor. I like that it only uses two roll pins. Both are nice and big. And both ride "outside" of the upper when in the closed position. I sold my Raptor to get an extended CF charging handle for all the wrong reasons. I've regretted it ever since. Very dumb decision on my part.

Dpvaz56

I’m personally a huge fan of ambi charging handles. I have a pre-Radian AXTS Raptor and a BCM Mod A44 on my two rifles. Have used them both with LVPO with no issues. Love them both.

I also hear Geissele and Aero’s ambi offerings are good too.