Chambers Custom Pistols

Joe C

Chambers Custom
Vendor
VIP
Thank you to Matt for the opportunity to post here. This is a little background about my company, Chambers Custom LLC, and myself.

Our mission is to build obsessibly™ reliable, accurate, and beautiful 1911/2011 style pistols for discriminating gun owners. What does obsessibly™ mean? Simply put it is the obsessive pursuit of the possibilities that lie within. In other words, really cool guns!

There are a number of things that make having a custom 1911 built unique. Many of these are external, some are internal and a special few are simply intrinsic. One of those things that should be an intrinsic part of a custom 1911 experience is passion. Here at Chambers Custom Pistols, a main part that is emphasized from your very first call to the shop is the passion that goes forth in building each piece. Whether it is an all business duty gun or a cosmetically blown out show gun, each and every pistol that leaves here takes with it a part of its creator. Perhaps it sounds cliché but we truly love what we do here at the shop. We truly love the obsessive pursuit of the possibilities that lie within with each and every project. We are so passionate about it we even coined our own word, “Obsessibly™”.

At Chambers Custom Pistols we don’t have customers, we have Client Friends. Client Friendships are built out of trust, respect and responsibility. We believe in relationships and that is what you get when we build your gun. Our Client Friends receive prompt responses to calls and e-mail as well as notification of when packages are received and shipped because we believe that part of good relationship building is solid communication. We treat each person we build for as we would like to be treated ourselves because we value your friendship above all else. When you have a custom 1911 built by Chambers Custom Pistols you truly do become part of our family of Client Friends.

At the age of 5 I shot my first handgun, a RugerBlackhawk belonging to his Dad. “He literally loved it” according to Dad. At age 11 I shot his first 1911 style pistol at my Uncle Bob’s range in rural Arkansas and began to take a keen interest in how pistols worked and were manufactured.

Fast forward twenty years to 2006, thousands of rounds down range for fun, practice and competition and I found myself on a 10,000 mile road trip across America. It was during this trip that I stopped in Crete Nebraska to spend some time with my friend Bob Marvel who had built me several guns for Bullseye Competition shooting. I ended up staying a month and when I left was extended an invitation to return and begin learning how to be a pistolsmith from one of the world’s best.

In March of 2007 I made the trip back to Nebraska and built, with the help of Mr. Marvel, the first of what would become many fine 1911 style pistols. That gun, with an officer’s length barrel, shot 10 shot groups averaging 1.75” at 50 yards, but it was only the beginning. After returning home to Georgia I knew I had found my passion. In May I returned to build a number of pistols, the third of which was used to win its class at the Camp Perry National Pistol Championships that year.

In August 2007 I moved from Georgia to Nebraska to pursue my passion of pistolsmithing full time. During the next three years I had the opportunity to sit side by side with the first man to invent a 1911 .22 conversion that actually worked, as well as a true master craftsman, Bob Marvel. During my time in Bob’s shop, I spent hundreds of hours a month learning the intricacies of building exceptionally accurate and reliable 1911 pistols.

Guns I've built have been used to win over 100 class championships at the NRA Camp Perry National Championships, as well as many regional, state and local matches. I have built guns for collectors, concealed carry and action pistol competitors as well. I have designed and built guns for individuals serving in various branches of the U.S. Armed Forces both in the US and around the world.

My 1911 style pistols in .45acp shoot 10 shot groups at 50 yards between 1.100” and 1.500”, with the average of 1.350”. The guns built in 9mm and .38 Super average just under 1.00” for 10 shots at 50 yards.

When asked how I learned to pistolsmith at this level so quickly, I immediately refer to the three years I worked under the direction of my friend and mentor, Bob Marvel. “Early on, Bob continually encouraged me to keep an open mind, think of new solutions to problems, and always be willing to change and learn. Keeping an open mind and a positive attitude has helped me build what many clients have called ‘works of art that shoot.’ I am both honored and humbled by this and other reviews and give credit to Bob for laying a solid foundation for my ongoing development as a craftsman.”

"There is a little piece of myself in every gun I build for someone and that is part of what makes each gun so special to me personally.” ~ Joe Chambers

Today, Chambers Custom is proud to offer a number of different models of 1911 in our Working Man's Gun (www.workingmansgun.com) series which are built by my friend and brother Brandon Buhler who is a former Navy SEAL. We also offer a line of Professional Series guns built by my friend and brother Eric Mercier who is a USAF Veteran. Both of these men have become highly skilled craftsman and I am pleased to have them by my side while I continue to build the one off custom pistols ordered by my client friends.

I'm also proud to say that in 2018 we launched www.1911University.com where we teach students, hands on, how to build their own custom 1911 the way we do here at Chambers Custom.

Thank you for your time and if you have any 1911/2011 needs or questions please don't hesitate to ask me for help.

You can contact me directly at chamberscustom@gmail.com or find me on IG and FB under Chambers Custom Pistols.

Sincerely,
Joe Chambers
www.chamberscustom.com