Can anyone point me to a tactical nylon company that can provide OEM services?

patriot_man

I'm looking to start producing a very discreet and low profile rifle case but with no skill in putting gear together I will need to work with a manufacturer on this.

Anyone have a point of contact or suggestions?

I've contacted EGL right now but looking for other options.

Thank you.

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
First Spear does things like that, but they charge accordingly. I think their minimum run is 25.

None of the big contract sewing shops will touch a run that small; the negotiations would take longer than the run. I'd try small gearmakers, BUT.

The largest source of strife between MOE gearmakers and the customer is "who owns the design". If you have this thing designed 100% complete down to the stitching, it's obviously yours. Anything else is arguable. Be SUPER clear (in writing) with whoever you work with; you don't want them thinking it's their design and doing their own runs.

- Jake

patriot_man

First-Spear would be excellent!

However I don't have the details down to the stitching and will make sure to get everything locked down before production.

Thank you Jake.

AT Armor

Vendor
I'm looking to start producing a very discreet and low profile rifle case but with no skill in putting gear together I will need to work with a manufacturer on this.

Anyone have a point of contact or suggestions?

I've contacted EGL right now but looking for other options.

Thank you.
Give ATS a shout, they do small-ish run OEM work. We have been with them for a few years now, they are top shelf dudes to work with.

KUTF

Tactical Tailor has done OEM work for niche gear, but I don't know what the minimum run is... They do have a "custom shop" that does one-offs and prototypes but I believe that is at an hourly rate.

patriot_man

Oh I didn't get an email about the replies but the bag I have in mind will be very discreet.

The term "yuppie camo" as used by DocGKR comes to mind.

patriot_man

I've spec'd it to fit a 16" AR-15 upper broken down and will be very slim and low profile. There will be some room to throw in a few mags, hearing pro, or targets but other than that it's mainly just to get the gun in and out of the house without drawing attention.

patriot_man

Thanks for the suggestion.
I've contacted Tactical Tailor but haven't heard back. I'm going to try and give 'em a ring mainly because I know they work with wax canvas which is what I've spec'd the case to be.

No word back from FS (I always have trouble getting in touch with them) and I will contact Josh Jackson of LMS if TT doesn't work out followed by ATS. I've also contacted Mayflower R&C so maybe they'll get back to me.

TAC450

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner
Sooooo.... Before you fire for effect on anything I suggest reaching out to OC tactical and Orca and Josh Jackson. Namely because TT brings a heavy price tag and they may be able to so it cheaper &/or Josh can point you in the right direction for a sole source/ lim run company.
Just good for thought.

iPhone using Tapatalk