Cali People - Rally up

ammomfg

Network Support I
There was some discussion in the modcast chat about the california people bucking up and seeing what we can do to start pushing back. I realize there are a lot of groups who do this, but may or may not have the same reach. P&S is an oasis, it draws travelers from all over, lets take advantage of this.

If you're from CA, sound off, don't have to be specific, post your region, see what you can do about meeting up with other people in your area.

ammomfg

Network Support I
that works. I'm in socal, I have a fairly active group that meets weekly, most of us are ham nerds, but we also shoot, go hiking, offroading and the like. We're always looking for more people and opportunities to do more pro-2A activism, as well as deal with land use.

So listening to Modcast 140 Gun bans on the horizon I was really inspired by Keith and all the great work he was able to do in West Virginia with his organization. I would love to see something like that get started here in CA. I'll be the first to say I have no idea how to go about that or effectively run it but I'm willing to figure stuff out and give time and money with you folks if I'm not alone.

TommyHerbs

Network Support I
So let's get a bay area meet up going and start this ball rolling, SoCal people sorry, you'll have to do your own thing until we have enough going on to have a larger rally. I imagine a weekend would be best, does the 2nd weekend in August work for people? @Lutz501 @perpetuallylearning

I'm officially good for any weekend in August in case anyone needs to move it around a little. Are we just meeting and greeting? or possibly doing more?

TommyHerbs

Network Support I
Meet and greet, but I wanted to discuss "where to go from here." Upcoming rallys we can attend &/or grow awareness for, planning some basic community education, seeing where our limits are in terms of activism, planning how to grow our little group with like minded individuals, planning a group shoot if possible. That's what I was thinking for possible discussion for a first meet and greet.

The sacramento shooting arcade hosts Ultimate Multi Gun matches on the second weekend of each month. If anyone has any interest in that. And while I don't have anything planned for the chosen weekend. It will be my second weekend after starting the academy so I will probably be tired and have some homework to do.

TommyHerbs

Network Support I
I'm working but I'll see if I can get it off.
Let's try to get something going, I definitely want you, me and Lutz501 to touch base soon. Lutz501 mentioned a match in Sac the 2nd weekend of every month which I'm sure all of us could/would enjoy. Just Let us know when is good for you. It seems Lutz and I are good for weekends although If another weekday is better let us know, so we can coordinate it.