Buyer Beware - Edgar Sherman Design

David Mayeur

I'm giving anyone who is interested in ESD products a fair warning. I placed an order on 2/14 that was never received, requested a refund, and have yet to receive anything. A claim was filed with PayPal and ESD has yet to respond to it.

February 14:
Order placed for an Edgar Sherman Design EFG.
Order confirmation received via email.

February 24:
No shipping confirmation has been received yet.
Contacted ESD through Contact Us page on website.

February 26:
No email reply received.
Attempted to contact ESD via Instagram after reading the FAQ stating orders may take up to a week to process.

49639560627_7dea73b90e_c.jpg

March 2:
No email or IG message replies received.
Attempted to contact ESD via Facebook.

49638762193_1e517d79f5_c.jpg

March 3:
Shipping confirmation email received.
Tracking number shows "Pre-Shipment"

March 4:
Tracking number still shows "Pre-Shipment"
Receive Facebook message reply.
Receive Instagram Message reply.

49639284076_cfe100f8c5_c.jpg

49638760388_29c9ab5dd7_c.jpg

49639560707_c9eff132c9_c.jpg

Gypsy EDC

That's too bad, I've never ever heard of being able to retrieve an order from the USPS once it was received by them . OTOH PayPal does ocassionaly take a minute to issue refunds depending on if you paid with a card vs PayPal balance.

The struggle for the small business owner to communicate accurately and timely with customers is real, sometimes stuff is missed Lord knows I've missed emails and ig dms etc. but that's why my business line is on the website. I usually spend about an hour emailing, ordering material parts, getting order packing lists lined out etc, printing shipping labels, returning texts dms & calls, every morning.

PayPal disputing generally goes to the buyer so your probably fine

David Mayeur

That's too bad, I've never ever heard of being able to retrieve an order from the USPS once it was received by them . OTOH PayPal does ocassionaly take a minute to issue refunds depending on if you paid with a card vs PayPal balance.

The struggle for the small business owner to communicate accurately and timely with customers is real, sometimes stuff is missed Lord knows I've missed emails and ig dms etc. but that's why my business line is on the website. I usually spend about an hour emailing, ordering material parts, getting order packing lists lined out etc, printing shipping labels, returning texts dms & calls, every morning.

PayPal disputing generally goes to the buyer so your probably fine

During the time of no contact, he was posting on IG that he was at a photoshoot with Lucas Botkin. It would have probably saved him some trouble by making note of it on the website, as I'm sure that trip was planned well in advance. I found that comment about blaming his "shipping team" deceitful considering his own FAQ states that he is a one man show. Typically, when items show Pre-Shipment, it could mean that the package label was created and still waiting to be shipped or it could be that it was at the USPS facility and was not scanned. I'll give him the benefit of doubt, but I've also never heard of anyone being able to retrieve a package after it was shipped, even more so considering the time between him claiming he will retrieve it and stating he was able to was under an hour. Reading other posts of having to deal with ESD leads me to believe this happens often and is simply swept under the rug.

Gypsy EDC

Typically, when items show Pre-Shipment, it could mean that the package label was created and still waiting to be shipped or it could be that it was at the USPS facility and was not scanned
If you're leaving product at the post office without being scanned and getting a receipt you are retarded. I typically go in 2x weekly with a small postal bin of packages, I wait in line for a receipt because I don't enjoy replacing stuff. Fuck ups are part and parcel of living, bs excuses are intolerable. Own it and make it right

David Mayeur

After leaving a bad review on his FB page, he contacted me stating that he responded to the PayPal claim and I then received my refund.

MahleE13

This may explain a little something for yuh.

Attachments

• 2D9F07CA-F6B5-4BF9-907E-CC2456A54929.png
    2D9F07CA-F6B5-4BF9-907E-CC2456A54929.png
    455.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 00F1E934-A4F4-44DB-8A6A-2F7E8996548A.png
    00F1E934-A4F4-44DB-8A6A-2F7E8996548A.png
    465.1 KB · Views: 121
  • CB06DD44-C62F-4F7B-92C7-927D11D04A81.png
    CB06DD44-C62F-4F7B-92C7-927D11D04A81.png
    437.8 KB · Views: 111