Bull Creek Arms 1897 Trench Conversions

I am currently interested in the bull creek arms 97 trench shotgun conversion. I know they are not cheap but they look like the best trench conversion I’ve seen. Does anyone have any experience with them? Everything I’ve seen, they are excellent conversions but I’m curious if anyone here has had them done/ dealt with them. Also I’m curious how much they do? Like do they just add the heat shield and bayonet lug or do they do more like reblue the whole gun and other small repairs? I’m just curious as if I should spend the money on a 97 with a good finish on it or should I get a cheap one with poor finish (not rusted up of course) and have them reblue it?

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
I can't speak to any experience with the company, but it's always a good idea to reach out to the company to find out exactly what they do for what they charge.

fw125

Don't know if you're still interested, but I have my 1897 Takedown with them right now for conversion. The work has taken awhile, mostly because they are waiting for the heat shield to arrive. They do small repairs on the guns, mine needed a new barrel and was missing 2 pins as well as the but plate. They have also re blued all parts as of the last time I contacted them. I don't remember exactly how the bill is charged, but they do charge you for any replacement parts.