Bruen

Smith

The New York "proper cause" requirement violates the Constitution, Thomas explains, because it only allows public-carry licenses when an applicant shows a special need for self-defense.

This is great news, now we shall see how the courts either maintain the new standard or try to weasel their way out of it.

I listen to Colion Noir's video on the ruling. He thinks the States will comply but severely restrict where you may carry. By designating many places people commonly go a sensitive site. For example I bet the NY City transit will be declared sensitive sights.

veriest1

Time for editing passed,

It just occurred to me that, combined with some aggressive red flag laws, their requirement of reviewing the social media accounts of applicants could turn into a system that causes people to self report them selves. I hope I'm just being paranoid.

Smith

They sure will try, but I'm hoping it'll go through the courts and be struck down. Because you know they'll consider anyone to the right of Bernie Sanders a "violent extremist" who is "clearly unfit to carry." Liked a 4th of July post? Denied. Posted a picture of BBQ? Denied.

hughes35e

The New York "proper cause" requirement violates the Constitution, Thomas explains, because it only allows public-carry licenses when an applicant shows a special need for self-defense.