Brownells glock slides

I’m curious if anyone here has experience with brownells glock slides? I’m considering one for a carry optics gun. It would be kinda nice to keep the stock slide for production and then just swap uppers for carry optics. I noticed they use a threaded post instead of traditional recoil bosses. What effect might this have on zero retention? Would it be better than a MOS slide? Should one use the hardware that comes with the RMR or buy different screws? Anything else I didn’t know to ask?

erwos

Amateur
I have one, and it's excellent. They mill it nice and deep so you get good cowitness on suppressor sights. Only downside is being locked in to the RMR / HS507c.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Gypsy EDC

I’m curious if anyone here has experience with brownells glock slides? I’m considering one for a carry optics gun. It would be kinda nice to keep the stock slide for production and then just swap uppers for carry optics. I noticed they use a threaded post instead of traditional recoil bosses. What effect might this have on zero retention? Would it be better than a MOS slide? Should one use the hardware that comes with the RMR or buy different screws? Anything else I didn’t know to ask?
I have 3 of them 2 g19 1g17 they're milled well, I have well over 1k through 1 of the g19s and the g17 no zeroing issues.
Compared to my Glock oem slide milled by L&M, Suarez g17 slide, or Bowie M&P slide the Brownells hangs right with them in terms of quality.
I didn't care for the mos it places the dot over bore just a bit higher than the other slides not a huge deal but that plus other folks issues with them convinced me to dump my MOS g19. I still own (and love) my G40.

thanks for the reply gypsy. Do you have any experience with zev slides? I’m also considering a zev dragonfly, mostly for aesthetic reasons. Also, it appears from the pictures that zev uses both types of recoil posts in their slides.

knedrgr

I have a G17 gen 3 window version of the Brownells slide. It's pretty much everything that I want in an optic slide (simple design with matching front serrations, and top window to offset the added weight of the RMR). I just don't care for the other "Gucci" over design slide cuts out there. I've been using it in last season's Carry Optic, has around 1K thru the slide, and it's been flawless. I'm also using it with a factory barrel. My only gripe is why Brownells doesn't offer it with the channel liner. I would pay an additional $5 for it to come with it pre-installed.

I have had two other Zev uppers (G35 dragonfly, and G22 Socom), and they're not bad. Personally, I think the Brownells is a hell of a bargain for the price and features.

Nate Osborne

NateMac
Staff member
I got one of the gen 3 17 slides over the weekend based on what I read here, as well as some recommendations from others. It should be showing up in the mail today. $175 plus 10% off on an RMR ready 17 slide with front cocking serrations is quite the deal in my opinion. I agree the channel liner would be nice pre-installed, but I have an installation tool I got from lone wolf years ago, so I'm hoping that goes in without a problem tonight.

Gypsy EDC

I got one of the gen 3 17 slides over the weekend based on what I read here, as well as some recommendations from others. It should be showing up in the mail today. $175 plus 10% off on an RMR ready 17 slide with front cocking serrations is quite the deal in my opinion. I agree the channel liner would be nice pre-installed, but I have an installation tool I got from lone wolf years ago, so I'm hoping that goes in without a problem tonight.
The 4 I've put together have been easy peasy and I just use a wooden dowel for the channel liner so I think you'll be GTG