Brownells G19 slide

Swobe1

Has anyone used any of the gen 4 Brownells RMR cut slides (non window). Thinking about purchasing one but don't want to if it's not any good. Tossing that idea around with trying to find an MOS slide to keep some options open optic wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venkman

I've been using a Brownell's G17 slide for a fake Roland build. It did not want to work with a stock Gen 4 OEM Barrel. No issues running it with a KKM. The posts for the Brownell's slide require different screws than what originally came with my 507C. I only have a few hundred rounds through mine and haven't had any loss of zero or issues related to the slide alone.

tlash

I put a G-17 (gen 4) RMR cut slide together last year from Brownell’s. I wanted the ability to quickly switch between the stock slide with irons, and a ready to go side w/ RDS. The build is for practice and IDPA, switching between Stock Service Pistol and Carry Optics.

I went with Brownell’s not only for the slide, but the barrel and the slide completion parts kit. Includes the channel liner which you’ll need to install yourself. I topped it off with an SRO. The only issue was with the Brownell’s slide and 10-8 performance suppressor irons I added as B/U — the front sight repeatedly loosened. I replace the front with a Dawson and no more problems.

I’m happy with it. For a relatively low-cost build it’s doing what I wanted.
IMG_2069.jpeg

Steve H.

I used one for a while on my USPSA match gun (Glock 45). It was functional, as expected. The only issue that I recall with it was that the slide has sharper corners, which combined with the forward serrations made for a tight fit and slightly slower draw from my open-top Safariland holster.

One thing worth mentioning is that you will need to purchase a channel liner and Chanel liner tool to assemble the slide.

PBarker33W

Quantified Performance
I got a slide for the G19 ten days ago. It's running all Glock internals with Victory First barrel, a comp, and 507c X2. I've only got 250 rounds through it so far, but it has run exactly the same as the factory slide in a similar configuration (sans 507c). That is only 250 rounds in OEM magazines. It does look promising so far.

tlash

One thing worth mentioning is that you will need to purchase a channel liner and Chanel liner tool to assemble the slide.
Correct. A cheaper alternative to the channel liner tool, at least for installation, is a 5/16-in wooden dowel.

Swobe1

I used one for a while on my USPSA match gun (Glock 45). It was functional, as expected. The only issue that I recall with it was that the slide has sharper corners, which combined with the forward serrations made for a tight fit and slightly slower draw from my open-top Safariland holster.

I ordered a liner and tool from Midway because Brownells was out. I’m going to pick up the slide tomorrow.

Second question: I want as low as possible irons because I don’t like cowitness. How high due the suppressor sights sit looking through the window of an RMR?

Swobe1

e62423725cf187159017463c6de0663b.jpg

045a1f5394b360278b927d25da08acfa.jpg

Here it is. Pretty happy with it and happy with the fact that the optic sits low enough to use the sights I had around to put on.

150 rds through it to check function and zero and ran perfect. Got a liner from Brownells and just pushed it in by hand with a 5/16" roll pin punch.

Now just need to shoot it some more.

Thanks for everyone's input!

MarshRat

e62423725cf187159017463c6de0663b.jpg

045a1f5394b360278b927d25da08acfa.jpg

Here it is. Pretty happy with it and happy with the fact that the optic sits low enough to use the sights I had around to put on.

150 rds through it to check function and zero and ran perfect. Got a liner from Brownells and just pushed it in by hand with a 5/16" roll pin punch.

Now just need to shoot it some more.

Thanks for everyone's input!

What Trijicon sights are those if you don’t mind me asking? I have two Gen 3 frames laying around that I plan on ordering Brownells slides for and I’m not real big on an absolute co-witness with a dot. Thanks in advance, good looking build!