Breaching simulators

KUTF

We had a homemade, tube-steel breaching prop but have since aquired a BTI door.

There are a couple of good ideas on this website - yes, it's a FF site, but they do know how to break into things. Many of their ideas can be adjusted for "tactical" use:

vententersearch.com

Bill Blowers

Sausage Six Actual
VIP
I can snap some pics of our prop on Tuesday, ram door, two ballistic doors, quickie saw, two halligan doors, and two spots for wall props. Big square that you work around when we do breaching training. Latest addition is two 4X4 post door frames with sacrificial frames and a chain link, holder upper for the saw. We use the cutting torch on bits of metal fixed to a stand next to it.

It's not portable.

Mike G

Amateur
Vendor
VIP
Bill, that's exact what I was looking for. I won't be able to duplicate all of it but I am looking to make a couple of those models. Thanks.

Mike G

Amateur
Vendor
VIP
I would really like to build a rebar holder and chain link holder for quickie saw training. Also trying to work through a rig that would allow me to build a concrete, brick, or cinderblock wall for various breaching and porthole practice.

thanks again.

Bill Blowers

Sausage Six Actual
VIP
I'll post pics here with some measurements, chain link rig is pretty basic. No love for the cinder blocks tho...

MPCOA

If the fire conditions keep ranges cold I can try and take a look at what the Uncle Sam has going on here for breaching stuff.

MPCOA

Well I am no help, I thought we had some mobile type stuff, but looks like it is just the concrete wall that has door frames in it to place the items. Probably not practical for most.

Bill Blowers

Sausage Six Actual
VIP
So this thing is just a big square each of the walls supports different breaching training. Descriptions of the pictures work top-bottom in order with the pictures.

Ram door is heavy as hell and small birdlike men and ladies have trouble moving it with nothing. We can add up to five dowels or copper tubing to vary difficulty.

Ballistic breaching doors get pre-made hinge props or dead volts slid into the spot. Back side has a pin to hold the wood in place. The business side has a steel lip and a pocket to catch backside frag. The pocket bottoms are open so all the debris falls out.

The hinges on the pry doors have big ass springs in this de the square tubing, so the whole door shifts when you pry the halligan down. You can also add 1X2's to the other side to toughen it up.

Quickness saw door just has steel rod going through to simulate a deadbolt. The handle just cranks down to hold the rod in place so it doesn't spin.

Combo door that can take hinges, a deadman and a steel rod, we quickie saw through all of it.

Last picture is the thing we just built to hold up chain link. Hang a section and you can get multiple cuts. The 2X4's are just screwed in to hold the chain link up. Cordless drills rule the day but it goes fast with the chain link pre-cut in the right width.

The prop also has a window opening that we can quickly hang any window in for port and cover/break and rake. The south wall has a U-shaped notch along the bottom and a hinged U shape at the top. You can build some quick walls with 2X4 studs, T-111 and sheet rock and then place the bottom in the U. Push it up and then the hinged top clamps down to hold the wall in place for gun port shots or chainsaw work.

We don't typically use explosives on this, we find buildings that are going to be demo'd and do most explosive breach training there.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Let me know if you need more detailed photos or measurements.