Brügger and Thomet MP9 carry

I’m a municipal police officer assigned as an SRO. We’re looking to enhance our capabilities when responding to an active shooter. Currently we carry Glock 22’s. I suggested adding a RMR or Aimpoint ACRO to our duty gun. Admin wants us to carry a weapon with a stock. We are currently looking at the Brügger and Thomet TP9/MP9. I need a way to discretely/ securely carry the weapon. Small, low profile backpack is what I’m looking for (additionally attached to the belt with a pistol lanyard) Thoughts?

chucktay

Forum Support II
Perhaps a shoulder bag like the Maxpedition Versipack or the Hazard 4 Kato would be a better option than a backpack, it would be quicker to access the weapon in a bag like that. For what it's worth I have a Kato and my old airsoft MP9 fits with room to spare as long as you use a flush magazine.

Grizzly

I’m a municipal police officer assigned as an SRO. We’re looking to enhance our capabilities when responding to an active shooter. Currently we carry Glock 22’s. I suggested adding a RMR or Aimpoint ACRO to our duty gun. Admin wants us to carry a weapon with a stock. We are currently looking at the Brügger and Thomet TP9/MP9. I need a way to discretely/ securely carry the weapon. Small, low profile backpack is what I’m looking for (additionally attached to the belt with a pistol lanyard) Thoughts?
If it is going in a backpack would they be open to an 300blk AR with law folder? A good one would be cheaper than the B&T, better ballistics and not much bigger. From there Vertex makes a variety of bags that are great for carrying a rifle discreetly.

shoobe01

Established
Since looking at B&T, how about changing the pistol on your hip to have an optional stock? The B&T USW:
DlPX5mZVAAArJj5.jpg

The AP ACRO was made for this gun (that's the old model, new ones come with the new one), and note it is not reciprocating either.

They also make the same stock kit for the Sig 320 (since the gripframe comes off anyway, and there's a slightly more clunky conversion for the Glock now.

I like this mostly because it seems unlikely you'll walk around with a backpack or anything like it All The Time. Worst case is after a few months you start taking it off periodically, then leave it somewhere by accident and... whoops.

Sorry to be late to the topic.....I have an older TP9 from DSA so I have a little experience with this weapons system.....it wasn't much as a pistol but I put the arm brace on it when those came out and that significantly changed the picture. The pistol is absolutely laser beam accurate. Mine had some issues with an extractor spring but once I was able to isolate the problem and change it out it has been spot on. Extremely accurate despite a trigger that could use some help to even be in the same class as a 'rack grade' AR15/M16 but it is more than usable if you learn it.

To your specifics; If admin wants a stocked weapon but is going to mandate something that can be concealed, and you are dead set against carrying a 10.5/11.5 AR with a folding stock in a back pack, I would seriously investigate the MP9 as you have stated. They are very small without being unusable and well capable of accurate hits out to beyond 50 yards if you do your part. (assuming you put an optic on it--the fixed sights suck)

There is a holster made specifically for it that mounts on any Safariland pattern UBL if Admin could be convinced to tolerate it being seen by the public at large. If not I would look toward one of the sling packs like the 5.11 MOAB 6 or Tactical Covert 6. There would be plenty of room for the MP9/mags and additional medical trauma gear. Just my thoughts.