Boutique Ammo

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator

Chuck Haggard
9 hrs

I see lately that people are trying to sell the light for caliber, high velocity, fragmenting bullets again, as though that shit has never been tried before.

That shit is snake oil. The MagSafe, due to using larger than average pellets, worked better than any other example of this type of ammo, and yet we find that it too sucks;
http://www.firearmstactical.com/…/vo…/number3/article432.htm

MagSafe Inadequate, FirearmsTactical, August 1999
BackgroundAn arm blocking the path to the upper torso of a homicidal attacker should not easily defeat a personal defense bullet. The hand, forearm and upper arm are commonly encountered intervening obstacles. In the 1986 FBI-Miami...
FIREARMSTACTICAL.COM
Unlike · Comment · Share
  • You, Matt Levi, Nate Bliss, Scott Jedlinski and 17 others like this.

• Chuck Haggard
    Wound ballistics alone are a problem, and this disregards issues of these types of rounds not hitting to the sights, being unreliable because they are typically outside of the weapon design parameters, etc., and costing way to fucking much to be able to do a proper reliability test with through your carry gun..
    9 hrs · Unlike · 5

• Matt Grösch
    was this the stuff that was claimed to be #1 with the goat shooting "tests"? I think I remember it from around 98
    9 hrs · Like · 2

• Nicolas Deem
    I would carry ball ammo over RIP, Mag Safe, or Glaser Slugs. History has shown that over penetration is better than under penetration.
    9 hrs · Unlike · 6

• Jim Santoro
    Flat trajectories are nice and all, but that hypervelocity theory offa which they hinge that nonsense only works at fraction-of-relativistic-speed velocities.
    8 hrs · Like · 1

• Mike Griffin
    But the new stuff has such a great look to it. Why does RIP sell? How many reading this have actually paid attention to a customer when they walk into the gun store and shop defensive ammo? If the store is intelligent they keep the stuff behind the ...See More
    8 hrs · Unlike · 5

• Robert Pittman
    I mean... if it wasn't any more expensive than cheap target ammo, I'd buy the shark mouth ammo....
    8 hrs · Unlike · 2

• Mike Griffin
    Of course it is going to be more expensive, I am thinking 5 round bubble packs for like $6. It is so bad ass you only need a few...
    8 hrs · Unlike · 1

• Jim Santoro
    You'll have bags of dubloons hanging offa you like pine cones...
    8 hrs · Like · 4

• Mike Griffin
    Oh shit, I just came up with the plan. Have some ammo loaded up with that 'flying ashtray' projectile cor-bon used to use and have some PVC inserts made with different designs. Put it in some clear top packaging for all the world to see. That is definitely the way to select defensive ammo, i.e. life safety equipment.

Imma be rich...
    8 hrs · Unlike · 3

• Chuck Haggard
    Fucktardery, it abounds
    5 hrs · Like