Bobro Engineering Sig 320 M17 RMR Mount With Integrated Rear Sight

Stoner99

Did they say that the notch in the barrel for the LCI is the only reason that a standard barrel won’t fit in the M17/18? It’s possible the actual geometry of the barrel hood and locking lug is different from the standard P320. That’s the case with the X-Carry pistols, which is why I had to have my Bar-Sto threaded barrels fit to my X-Carry slides by my gunsmith rather than them being drop-in replacements.

If the barrel hood and locking lug is the same between the standard P320 and the M17/18 making the LCI notch the only difference, then you shouldn’t have any problem removing the LCI piece from the slide and running any barrel meant for the standard P320.

I still don’t get why Sig had to add a redundant LCI mechanism to the top of the slide when the extractor groove already served as a visual/tactile LCI reference from the standard models...
They couldnt specify why it wouldnt fit. (i think they cant tell me because its a safety issue, legal crap) I dont have anyone around me that has one, as I like in the sticks and my 1 local gun shop doesn't have one in stock. As soon as I find out I will let yall know, unless someone beats me to it. They response also was...you bought a pistol that had a lci on it!!! Such crap!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I’d offer to send you one of my leftover stock barrels to test fit but since they all came from X-Carry models they might not fit the M18 for a reason other than the LCI feature. Keep us updated and let us know what you find out

Stoner99

I’d offer to send you one of my leftover stock barrels to test fit but since they all came from X-Carry models they might not fit the M18 for a reason other than the LCI feature. Keep us updated and let us know what you find out
Whats the difference in the xcarry barrels?

I'm not a great photographer, but here is my X-Compact with the Bobro mount, Battlewerx seal plate and a RMR RM06 Type 1. I'll be shooting it this week at work. I have a JM Custom AIWB Wing Claw 2 coming. I wish they made it with the option for a TLR7 though. I'm a sucker for the X-series grip modules, probably going to pick up a X-Full in the near future with the same optic set up and a X300U-A.

One thing to note, using the Bobro mount you will lose the useless loaded chamber indicator.

View attachment 5326
Do you have any more pictures of this gun? Have this exact gun and am trying to decide between the Bobro (which I just discovered existed) the the CHPWS plate.

WAVandal

Do you have any more pictures of this gun? Have this exact gun and am trying to decide between the Bobro (which I just discovered existed) the the CHPWS plate.

I haven't taken any since I installed the Bobro plate. I'm likely getting the CHPWS plate with dovetail to replace it, once they figure out which sights will work as part of their Dawson collaboration. I have C&H plates on two other Glock MOS guns and have been pleased with them.

http://www.chpws.com/product/sig-p320-x-five-legion-rmr-sro-holosun-407-507-508-adapter-plate

They have updated sight info on the linked page.

tylerw02

I haven't taken any since I installed the Bobro plate. I'm likely getting the CHPWS plate with dovetail to replace it, once they figure out which sights will work as part of their Dawson collaboration. I have C&H plates on two other Glock MOS guns and have been pleased with them.

http://www.chpws.com/product/sig-p320-x-five-legion-rmr-sro-holosun-407-507-508-adapter-plate

What does the C&H offer that the Bobro doesn’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does the C&H offer that the Bobro doesn’t?

Curious about this as well.

Ended up buying an RM06 Type 2 last night so I'm more anxious to get something ordered. Neither are in stock apparently. I emailed Bobro last night and asked about an estimated eta. Email was returned this morning stating that some were about to be sent to anodizing and they may be ready this week.

I have some comparison pictures and the height seems negligible. I can't tell a difference by the pictures anyway. In my mind I think I like the Bobro's integrated rear sight as that's one less thing to deal with. And I like I can take my LCI out and toss it and the plate will cover the hole.

If I'm missing something else, someone please enlighten me.

Also what front sight is that in the picture on your X Compact?

ljuice10

Joined this site to get more information on the Bobro mount because the Romeo and Leoupold werent an option for me. Called Bobro as they didnt have any LCI notched mounts available, and they took a no notch that they had in stock and cut one for me. They provided great customer service. Here is my setup with the Holosun

.sig3.jpgsig2.jpgsig1.jpg

WAVandal

I'll try to answer the questions above.
Front sight is either a .390 or .400 Dawson based on internet recommendations at the time.

The CHPWS appeals to me since I can run Glock style rear sights, that they have been collaborating with 10-8 and Dawson for front and rear sights is a bonus. When I bought my Bobro you had to somewhat guess which front sight to use, it appears now they have a height recommendation listed. CHPWS is aluminum with stainless T-nuts, Bobro is all steel. Pick the one you like best and you think will best fit your needs.

I ended up going with the Bobro, mainly because it was the first to go in stock. I had an RM06 Type 2 come in today. I ordered a Dawson Precision .400 front sight last night, got the tracking today. I figure if it's a little tall I'll take it down some.

tylerw02

Will this plate work with an X-Carry? Also the X-Carry has no LCI on top of the slide.

Not to my knowledge. The X-Carry was cut for the proprietary Sig Romeo 1 footprint. It’s a discontinued model from before the change to the Romeo 1 Pro footprint, which matches the Leupold Delta Point Pro.