Bobro Engineering Sig 320 M17 RMR Mount With Integrated Rear Sight

dcsp3x

shot the irons again at 15 yards this time, might have to get a higher front sight but since they are backups we'll see since 10 yards was perfect poa/poi

20 rounds, 15 yards testing the back up iron sights (Bobro integrated rear with Dawson Precision .375" Tall front)

Attachments

• 20190927_171749.jpg
    20190927_171749.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 72

tylerw02

Yeah may be a .440” in order. I think that’s what I’m going to order from Dawson. It seems like it would be the way to go. I can’t see my factory sight otherwise I’d do that. I don’t want to pull the optic off. I should have shot it before zeroing the SRO I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WAVandal

Well, I think Bobro just solved my issue with my P320 X-Compact. I already have a .400 front sight from my experiment with the DPP and a rear sight insert.

dcsp3x

I would probably go to a .390" Dawson front sight if I end up replacing the front sight. I still want it to fit in my holsters without having to modify them, they are backup sights after all

WAVandal

I just ordered the Bobro Mount for my X-Compact and the spare RMR RM06 Type 1 I have laying around. Once I get it in I'll post photos here.

david1523

This is my first post here, and this thread actually made me sign up. I've been looking everywhere for information on this mount and just couldn't find any reviews so this was really helpful. I just got my Bobro mount in and got everything installed. It is really well made and everything went on smoothly with the supplied tools. I'm still trying to decide on a front sight height but i'm very please with how this turned out.FullSizeRender 2.jpeg

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Since Sig is transitioning all of their optics-ready models to the M17/Legion/X-Compact optic cut (DPP footprint), these mounting plates are going to make a lot of people very happy. Sounds like the BoBro mount is a solid piece

WAVandal

I'm not a great photographer, but here is my X-Compact with the Bobro mount, Battlewerx seal plate and a RMR RM06 Type 1. I'll be shooting it this week at work. I have a JM Custom AIWB Wing Claw 2 coming. I wish they made it with the option for a TLR7 though. I'm a sucker for the X-series grip modules, probably going to pick up a X-Full in the near future with the same optic set up and a X300U-A.

One thing to note, using the Bobro mount you will lose the useless loaded chamber indicator.

IMG_3782.jpeg

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I'm not a great photographer, but here is my X-Compact with the Bobro mount, Battlewerx seal plate and a RMR RM06 Type 1. I'll be shooting it this week at work. I have a JM Custom AIWB Wing Claw 2 coming. I wish they made it with the option for a TLR7 though. I'm a sucker for the X-series grip modules, probably going to pick up a X-Full in the near future with the same optic set up and a X300U-A.

One thing to note, using the Bobro mount you will lose the useless loaded chamber indicator.

View attachment 5326

Looks excellent! The extractor works as a LCI already anyway, so no real harm done in covering up the secondary LCI slot in the barrel hood - Should help keep the RMR lens cleaner too. I honestly don’t know why Sig has decided to put those on all of their models. Obviously it was a requirement for the MHS contract but there was no need for it on the rest of the P320 lineup...

niquorice

Haven’t used it extensively, primarily as an index for me to find the dot from years of acquiring a traditional sight picture, but I’ve been happy with my Dawson .40 high front.

That said I’ve shot my plate loose (again) I’m kind of annoyed that it’s at this point and not buy a bottle of loctite Red. That said would loctite blue be overkill?

dcsp3x

That said I’ve shot my plate loose (again) I’m kind of annoyed that it’s at this point and not buy a bottle of loctite Red. That said would loctite blue be overkill?

You didn't initially or subsequently loctite your plate?

IMO ALL plates and red dot screws on handguns and long guns get blue loctited, not doing so would be foolish and only lead to issues. The only RMR I did not use blue loctite on was on a pro-fit cut my ATEI and those screws would start walking every 100 rounds without fail because I was told it wasn't necessary. So even though I'm 'not supposed to' all of my experience has shown that to be false. After about the 4th time the screws walked, I loctited the screws on that ATEI cut and they have never moved since.

If it's a screw on a gun, especially if that screw is on a part of the gun that moves, loctite it.

niquorice

You didn't initially or subsequently loctite your plate?

IMO ALL plates and red dot screws on handguns and long guns get blue loctited, not doing so would be foolish and only lead to issues..

Yeah I guess that’s where I’m at- this is my first RDS pistol and despite hearing nothing but negative stuff about Glock MOS plates guess I was a dumb dumb and didn’t think to do it or even what kind was optimal for a pistol.

dcsp3x

I have a glock 34 mos with a DPP on it, ~2 years and nothing has come loose, its my main USPSA gun for those years (usually 3-4 matches per month that whole time) and has a ton of rounds on it. The secret sauce is just mounting it right the first time and witness marking everything for quick checks. I have had zero issues with MOS guns when installing with loctite and torque wrench to screw specs.

niquorice

What are you guys running for torque on the plate, just got mine today

This is a good question- when I loctited it I just used the typical Allen wrench going as tight as I can using the short side of the wrench for leverage avoid tearing the head up/overtorquing .

DCS3PX or others any suggestions on a tool to do this better to specific specs? Are those wheeler adjustable screwdrivers worth a shit?

dcsp3x

@superross @niquorice for the money and most jobs this cant be beat imo: https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-Firearms-Accurizing-Torque-Wrench/dp/B07YXCX5JT

If you need something repeatable/perfect/to the actual spec you want get a Borka: http://www.shooterstools.com/Pages/BTD/btdkits.html

Screws have a certain max inch poundage that you can find online depending on what you have, some you can just handtight with loctite. For ME on something like MOS screws or the screws on here to mount it INTO the slide, I will do hand tight with a little extra and blue loctite and then for the actual mounting screws, find the appropriate inch pounds and install (usually in manual and sometimes in kN and you need to convert to inch/lb (https://www.convertunits.com/from/lb-in/to/kN-m)). For direct RDS installed on the slide, find the appropriate inch pounds and install.

Stoner99

So I have a M18 with the LCI and I bought the bobro plate with no notch to get rid of the LCI. Well I wasn't sure.. I installed everything and removed the LCI piece. Was this correct? Or should I have left it in with it down under the plate? It looked like a large gap but thought it was normal. So I went and shot 50rds through it and the rmr was black with blowback. Did I install it wrong? Send it in to sign for a new barrel? I don't know what to do?

Stoner99

So I have a M18 with the LCI and I bought the bobro plate with no notch to get rid of the LCI. Well I wasn't sure.. I installed everything and removed the LCI piece. Was this correct? Or should I have left it in with it down under the plate? It looked like a large gap but thought it was normal. So I went and shot 50rds through it and the rmr was black with blowback. Did I install it wrong? Send it in to sign for a new barrel? I don't know what to do?
So sig says the M17/M18 wont qualify for any barrel swap. "They say" that a regular 320 or compact barrel that doesnt have an LCI wont fit in the M17/M18. What a load of crap. I will say bobro says they will swap out the no notch plate with a notch plate and I will just run the dang LCI until I can get another barrel!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
So sig says the M17/M18 wont qualify for any barrel swap. "They say" that a regular 320 or compact barrel that doesnt have an LCI wont fit in the M17/M18. What a load of crap. I will say bobro says they will swap out the no notch plate with a notch plate and I will just run the dang LCI until I can get another barrel!

Did they say that the notch in the barrel for the LCI is the only reason that a standard barrel won’t fit in the M17/18? It’s possible the actual geometry of the barrel hood and locking lug is different from the standard P320. That’s the case with the X-Carry pistols, which is why I had to have my Bar-Sto threaded barrels fit to my X-Carry slides by my gunsmith rather than them being drop-in replacements.

If the barrel hood and locking lug is the same between the standard P320 and the M17/18 making the LCI notch the only difference, then you shouldn’t have any problem removing the LCI piece from the slide and running any barrel meant for the standard P320.

I still don’t get why Sig had to add a redundant LCI mechanism to the top of the slide when the extractor groove already served as a visual/tactile LCI reference from the standard models...