Blue Alpha Gear opinion

AmmoHouse

Amateur
I’ve been looking at the double belt from Blue Alpha for daily use.
It works like my double belt competition rig.
Does anybody use one?
Pics of your setup would be appreciated
Thanks

B_gerk

Ive been using a molle one in MC for the better part of this year. So far so good. Its very stiff and comming from them the MC material makes if more stiff opposed to the black. The molle is stiched very tight to the belt, which is i good thing I guess but getting things attached using wtfixit type straps was pretty difficult. Honestly a non issue. If anything changes ill update you and also will post a pic later.

range_dude

Amateur
I have the Molle Double belt rig in multicam. I used blue force gear pouches, even with the thin Molle/helium whisper attachments, they were difficult to attach. Pretty stiff, I would like it a little stiffer to keep my holster from sagging. I used it almost every day for about 3-4 months and the only complaints are the stiffness, which isn't that big of an issue, and the velcro inner belt has started to fray and deteriorate. Belt does not lock on to the velcro like it used to. Overall, pretty good for the price, although I may try out a Ronin.

AmmoHouse

Amateur
My experience is kinda the same as range_dude
It’s a stiff belt that I like.
Carries the weight of gun and mag pouches very well, I’m still playing with this holster..I think it’s too high.
My belt still attaches the Velcro very well so no issues there.
I love the double belt system! Cinching your inner belt down as tight as you want and then the outer belt hooks to it is a proven system....competition shooters have been using it for years.
I wouldn’t use this as a CC rig, just too bulky..but as a range rig or woods walking it’s a legit rig.

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
My experience is kinda the same as range_dude
It’s a stiff belt that I like.
Carries the weight of gun and mag pouches very well, I’m still playing with this holster..I think it’s too high.
My belt still attaches the Velcro very well so no issues there.
I love the double belt system! Cinching your inner belt down as tight as you want and then the outer belt hooks to it is a proven system....competition shooters have been using it for years.
I wouldn’t use this as a CC rig, just too bulky..but as a range rig or woods walking it’s a legit rig.
Thanks for the insight. I'm specifically looking into this as a competition/range belt as I already have a Blue Alpha EDC belt and like it, but wanted to make sure that their other stuff was good to go. Based on the info you and @range_dude put here I'm going to go for it.

AmmoHouse

Amateur
Thanks for the insight. I'm specifically looking into this as a competition/range belt as I already have a Blue Alpha EDC belt and like it, but wanted to make sure that their other stuff was good to go. Based on the info you and @range_dude put here I'm going to go for it.

So did you get one yet?
What’s your thoughts?
More and more I like mine a lot!

5150Magnet

Amateur
I've been using mine for several years as a regular every day pants belt, this thing is built solid. If I hadn't gotten Hybrid EDC belt, I would say any 1.75" belts would do you fine. The stitching, construction and materials of these belts is on par with HSGI, ATS and others. I originally bought two of their Hybrid EDC belts and have used them daily. Despite them being 1.5", I had mounted a holster, three reloads and a dump when I had to use it for a range day. It held up fine and there were no issues even with all that weight on what should have been just a pants belt. Their riggers style belts should work just fine for a duty belt.

Banjo82

For a competition set up, would a 1.75 or 2 inch belt be more suitable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’d say that would depend on what kind of pouches you plan to use.

I was looking at the esstac pouches and either a safariland ALS or SLS holster.

I have been using a safariland ELS rig with a comptac holster but the belt is getting pretty haggard and the polymer liner had cracked in two spots (it’s like 10 yrs old).

nightchief

Fighter of the Daychief
I recently acquired this belt and so far so good. I have Esstac Pistol and rifle pouches attached with their soft WTFix straps. Seems pretty solid. I'm still shaking it out, so will know better after a few more range trips.

Attachments

• belt.jpg
    belt.jpg
    804.7 KB · Views: 41

Banjo82

Either would be fine. Esstac makes clips forneither size. If you’re going molle belt get 1.75.

Yeah sorry, I was looking at Molle straps for the esstac mags and a molle belt.

Any reason you’d say 1.75 or is it a personal preference.

Cheers