Bird Guns - Hunting Shotguns

Jake_Disty

Amateur
For hunting birds, I believe it is hard to beat a fast-handling SxS 12ga. I know lots of people are using semi-auto shotguns now, but I still think there is a place for the SxS guns in the field. I find at least on my CZ Bobwhite that I am slightly faster to mount the gun than I am with other options. Share your hunting shotguns.
IMG_7644.JPG

Stanislao

My 1996 Mossberg 500 12 gauge, purchased used for $250. I probably have more rounds through this gun than anything else. Broken a thousand or more clays and brought down a few birds in my custody.

Unfortunately it is difficult to carry in my tiny little hatchback, leading to this rather dubious transport case.
IMG_20210727_233619142.jpg
Currently I'm in the market for a Turkish over/under (with CZ/Huglu being quite interesting) or a Ruger Red Label. Have you had any experience with CZs warranty service for their Huglu shotguns?

My go to has been a FN made 3in 20 gage auto 5. That gun has killed more rabit, dove, And Dove, than I want to think about. I honestly like the polychoke that's on there. The guys I used to trap shoot with wouldn't let me use it anymore, said it was cheating some how.20210729_064322.jpg

Lobsterclaw207

My 1996 Mossberg 500 12 gauge, purchased used for $250. I probably have more rounds through this gun than anything else. Broken a thousand or more clays and brought down a few birds in my custody. Unfortunately it is difficult to carry in my tiny little hatchback, leading to this rather dubious transport case. View attachment 8045 Currently I'm in the market for a Turkish over/under (with CZ/Huglu being quite interesting) or a Ruger Red Label. Have you had any experience with CZs warranty service for their Huglu shotguns?
My 1996 Mossberg 500 12 gauge, purchased used for $250. I probably have more rounds through this gun than anything else. Broken a thousand or more clays and brought down a few birds in my custody.

Unfortunately it is difficult to carry in my tiny little hatchback, leading to this rather dubious transport case.
View attachment 8045
Currently I'm in the market for a Turkish over/under (with CZ/Huglu being quite interesting) or a Ruger Red Label. Have you had any experience with CZs warranty service for their Huglu shotguns?

I have a CZ Upland Ultralight in 12gauge for shooting occasional skeet, sporting clays, and partridge/ruffed grouse. I love it, no experience with warranty stuff because it has never broken. I'm not very fancy but it's nice for the $650 or so I paid for it. I love how little it weighs, since I'm carrying it a lot more than I'm shooting it and often in one hand while clambering over stuff or pushing aside branches.

A buddy bought a CZ Supreme something o/u ( can't remember the exact name) and it's REALLY nice. Was about $1350 if I recall, it's an impressive shotgun.

MuskokaJoe

It took a longtime saving but I got my Beretta 486 Parallelo a couple years ago now. It’s in 20ga. Very lite and handy. Not too often I’m in the grouse woods without it. It’s been a great shotgun to me so far. C768D546-4C23-46FE-91A5-0C782504BE84.jpeg

MuskokaJoe

I’m the second owner of this 37 Standard Grade featherweight. It was made in 1949 and purchased on Oct 13, 1950. Still complete with its tag and instructions. The original buyer also grabbed an Ithaca catalog the day he bought it and hung on to it. Not a high value gun to have but was an awesome gift from the fella who bought it. I have the an original box of shells he bought with it. He only shot it once.

View attachment IMG_6103.jpeg
IMG_6104.jpegIMG_6105.jpeg