Best prescription shooting glasses for all-around use

Runcibleman

So I have slight myopia of both eyes (i.e. I'm nearsighted) and have very comfortable and nice glasses to wear day to day. I am not really looking to wear contacts, so I wear glasses of some sort for shooting as well.

I either wear large lensed glasses with side shields added, which are fine, though they aren't the 100% protective option...

...or I wear WileyX eye shields with the Rx inserts. I don't mind the Wiley X's much apart from:
(a) the lenses are so close that my eye lashes brush them and eventually make them a bit dirty as a little oil from the lashes transfers to the lens' back side
(b) the size of the lenses is rather small so I don't have the massive corrected vision area that I enjoy with my regular Silhouettes, never mind the Rx Oakley sunglasses that I wear outdoors when not shooting.

I see that Steve Fisher likes the Rudy Project sports glasses and I assume that they are the prescription ones as I see he wears glasses normally when not at the range. I am sort of pondering dropping the big bucks for a set of their Zyon Rx's with photochromatic RX lenses directly added in, or maybe a set of their Agon sunglasses with the Rx inserts behind a photochromatic lens.

Do you other four eyes have any suggestions vis a vis:

1. Rudy Project for shooting: Good or bad experiences?
2. Other fully shooting compatible Rx glasses that are suited for general use, indoors as well as out?

David Mayeur

I'm partial to Wiley X without an insert. I have two pairs of Wiley X Valor. There are many Wiley X frames with large lenses than do not require an insert. The downside to Wiley X is that they do not offer side shields unless you buy their Worksight line.

For Rx Eyewear with "sideshields" I use Oakley Z87.1 Det Cords.

Runcibleman

I'm partial to Wiley X without an insert. I have two pairs of Wiley X Valor. There are many Wiley X frames with large lenses than do not require an insert. The downside to Wiley X is that they do not offer side shields unless you buy their Worksight line.

For Rx Eyewear with "sideshields" I use Oakley Z87.1 Det Cords.

How is each (the WX Valor and the Oakley Det Cord) with ear-pro and maintaining a good seal?

David Mayeur

I use Gel Cups with my MSA Supreme Pro-X ear pro. It seals around them well. No discomfort.

Using Howard Leight Impact Sport ear pro with any eye pro became uncomfortable over time.