Best aftermarket sights for glock

SWATcop556

I've run a lot of different sights over the years from factory Trijicon three dot night sights to the Warren Tactical tritium front/plain rear. Over time I've really come to prefer a plain rear sight. I'm too OCD and always found myself trying to perfectly line up the dots (just how my brain works). I ran the Warrens for many years but found through training and low light/no light FoF that tritium wasn't neccessarily mandatory on my pistol.

I never saw the tritium at night due to my WML or handheld and in low light I didn't have a time were it was too dark to see my sights and not need a light. I was always skeptical of the fiber optic (FO) front sights just because of what I had read about them falling out and being brittle and not for hard use. I decided to try a set and see for myself.

I picked up a set of the 10-8 Sights because I liked the ability to customize a setup for my needs. I went with the .140 rear notch and a .115 FO front sight based on Hilton's recommendations. I'm using the red FO since my eyes are already accustomed to looking for a red dot (like my Aimpoint). Before I installed the FO I took the pistol to the range and ran drills with the empty hole to see how detrimental it would be if the FO fell out. I found that it was negligible both in daylight and low light/no light since I still had a front sight post to use. Using a shot timer showed no difference in my old setup and the new one without the FO.

That information in addition to the increased visibility of having the FO has led me to begin the long (and expensive) process of changing out all of my sights to this setup.

KMo1205

Warne combat sights with a front red fiber optic. I like the blank black rear sight and the small fiber optic sight in front grabs your eye and easy to focus on. My carry gun sports the same but with a Trijicon green dot.

Chuck Haggard

Agile/Training and Consulting
Staff member
Ameriglo orange paint/tritium front, "Pro Operator" yellow trit rear sights.

Highly recommended.

Prdator

"Best" sights can be a VERY individual subject!! you have to find sights your eyes like and see well. For night sights really look at the dual color ones with the subdued rears. You want the brightest sight to be the front.

Im a big fan of the Ameriglo Op pro's and Warrens three dots.

McKenna

I prefer the VTAC sights over most of the standard sights out there on the market. Kyle and the boys over @ Viking Tactics just released their sights for Glocks not too long ago and after running them on a VTAC M&Ps you just know they are gonna be the Beez Neez. My only gripe is VTAC doesn't have them for more makes & models outside of the M&Ps, Glocks, & Sig 1911.

AsianJedi

He likes RDS on pistols.
VIP
Waiting on the Frank Proctor Y-notch sights to arrive on Friday. Switching from Trijicon HDs on my iron sight only G17. Just need a little more precision at distance.

JCSpringer

I currently run Triji HDs, but now I'm looking into FO with a blacked out rear. Part of me wants to keep the tritium if only as a reference point and a well why not. I like the Viking Tactics FO over tritiums, but want the rear sight to only have tritium. If the Proctor Y notch did that I think that would be bad ass. Maybe I'm just chasing a dumb car. But I really like the ability to see the orientation of my pistol in total darkness.

Waiting on the Frank Proctor Y-notch sights to arrive on Friday. Switching from Trijicon HDs on my iron sight only G17. Just need a little more precision at distance.

I think Proctor's sights are an interesting concept. I've tried several different sights on my Glocks and now run Defoors. I want to try a fiber front with them as my eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the Y notch sights.

Darth Tater

Any idea what the most narrow tritium front sight on the market is? I want to replace the chunky Trijicons with something a bit more precise on the issued 21. By policy I can use Trijicon, Trug-Glo TFO, or other sights on a case by case basis as long as I have a tritium front post.

MojoNixon

Established
Any idea what the most narrow tritium front sight on the market is? I want to replace the chunky Trijicons with something a bit more precise on the issued 21. By policy I can use Trijicon, Trug-Glo TFO, or other sights on a case by case basis as long as I have a tritium front post.
I've read somewhere, LF I believe that the narrowest you can go with a tritium tube in it is either .125 or .140. The diameter of the tube restricts how narrow you can go.