Best aftermarket sights for glock

Eagle1

I am looking for a different set of sights for my Glock 19 gen4. I am not really big on night sights but I do want a set that when I put them on, they will be more or less right on. I have tried Ameriglo and Trijicon but I never seem to get a pair that is any better than the standard oem glock sights so I basically go back to the original Glock sights but in the steel version which is what I have now. I like the OEM Glock sights but on the smaller slide guns like the 19/23/26/27 etc, there is not much room on either side of the front post to get an even split to get the best out of the gun/sight combo. It would be for my duty gun so that is where I am at, Help???

Grayman

Established
I have trij HD's on my S&W and ameriglow Hackathorns on my Glock. I far prefer the ameriglows! They have a blacked out rear with a wide enough notch to get good light on either side of the front post. They have a tritium front surrounded by a very bright ring that I pick up quickly during the day.

I like my HDs for close in quick work but there isn't enough of a rear notch gap to allow for quality precision work with any semblance of ease.

I'll be putting the Hackathorns on all my guns....

ptrlcop

Established
Heinie Straight 8s. I actually like plain black sites but these give me a low light reference.

Or just jump to an RMR.....you know you want to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Detmongo

Amateur
i run Warren's on my guns and they seem to work out very well. At 51 i don't have to wear any glasses
YET and i can pick them up faster.

hogarth

To the OP, if night sights aren't your thing I would look hard at the Defoor sights. They are all black, no dots/tritium/fiber optics/etc, and that front blade is quite narrow which allows for some more precision than standard Glock sights.

I have them on one of my 19s and really like them. And they are cheap, too, like $25-30.

Presscheck Consulting

Gunslinger
Staff member
WARLORD
I run adjustable Dawson's on my 34, 35, one of my 17's, and one of my 19's. I run fiber front sights except for the 19 which has tritium front and rear. I run KKM match barrels in all my guns so fixed irons are out for the most part. The POI shift going with the match barrels is 3-4 inches at 25yds, so I gotta have a red dot or adjustable Iron sights. I've been begging Dave Dawson to make a version of their sight that is high vis and night capable like the ameriglow or Trijicon HD. There is currently no iron sight on the market today and is adjustable, high visibility, and glows in the dark..... fuck you industry.

I've got Trijicon HD with a yellow dot on my 42, not that I plan to ever shoot that at anyone beyond contact distance.....lol

AMK

I have had very good experiences with 10-8 Performance. They ride on all but two of my Glocks. They offer a plain, serrated rear, with options for plain serrated, F/O, brass bead, and Tritium front sights. I stick with the tritium front, but have recently made my way to a F/O to test. I do have a set of Hacks which I like , I believe that Ameriglo makes a very solid sight. Besides this, I have HDs, yellow front on my G42.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCSpringer

On my duty gun I went from Glock factory (trijicon) night sights to trijicon HD s with the Orange front. I love them. They have increased the shootability of my pistol. I get to see and focus on the blazing Orange donut on the front sight. I've seen some swat guys at my department go the the straight 8 sights from Warren tactical (?) But they've complained that the sight height scrapes on the ALS system in our safari land holster.

JekPokins

Amateur
I run Ameriglo Pro I- Dots on my duty gun which doubles as my gamer gun. I've really been considering the T-Caps though since they ride closer to the bore.
I've also been trying out the Ameriglo Greek Lightening set on a 19 and really like them too. They are an all steel, close cousin to the Defoor's.

WayneF

I have a fiber optic front and 10-8 or Warren U notch plain rear on just about all of my guns other than two that are set up Tritium and one that rocks a RMR.

Chris Taylor

Random Factor of the K Power
I'm weird I guess, and have XS on a couple of guns, one Big Dot (1911) one Std. (G19). Not for everybody, but I likes'em.

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
I'll be giving the WOTG Y-Notch sights a whirl. I was intrigued after reading Frank's bit on the whole concept.

Other then that I have Warren Sevigny's FO on pretty much all my guns save my G19.

MojoNixon

Established
I have trij HD's on my S&W and ameriglow Hackathorns on my Glock. I far prefer the ameriglows! They have a blacked out rear with a wide enough notch to get good light on either side of the front post. They have a tritium front surrounded by a very bright ring that I pick up quickly during the day.

I like my HDs for close in quick work but there isn't enough of a rear notch gap to allow for quality precision work with any semblance of ease.

I'll be putting the Hackathorns on all my guns....
I've got to agree with my buddy Grayman's assessment of the Hacks and HD's, I've shot his M&P with HD's and liked the front but not the rear. The stock orange color of the Hack is not good for my bad eyes, not visible during failing light. Not dark enough for the trit to be visible but dark enough that the orange turns almost black. After using the stock front for about 2 years I finally replaced it with Ameriglos ProGlo front which is trit with a lime green GITD outline (GL-212-GR-C). I can finally see my front sight in all conditions, now.

jryock

Amateur
I have been running the Vickers/Wilson Combat sights on my G19. They are well made and easy to aquire for followup shots.

canucksvt

I have Trijicon GRN/GRN sights on all my Glocks except for my G30 which I carry. I recently switched out an old set of Trijicons for a new set of XS Big Dot 24/7 sights and I have to say that I absolutely love them. I find the target quick to acquire and accuracy for me has not been affected. Since this pistol is my dedicated carry piece getting a quick sight picture on a target up close was my primary concern. The XS sights do that for me.

ROMPER

Amateur
Generally run AmeriGlo Pro Operators on most of my Glocks, 17, 23,22C, 34 & 35. Just picked up a Vickers Glock 17. Love the gun, hated the Wilson/Vickers sights on it. Front sight post is way to tall. Replaced with AmeriGlo Pro Operator and back in business.

R

DesertRat

I have an I.C.E. Claw EMS rear sight with a ProGlo Tritium front sight on my Glock 19. Nothing fancy, but it works quite well for me.