Belts for AIWB with DCC clips

Stanislao

I'm in the process of switching my carry rig from a not good Ruger LC9 in an excellent Raven Concealment Morrigan holster to a SiG M18 in a Phlster Flex rig. My intent is to suspend the rig on DCC clips and tuck a shirt over the lot. This will be necessary under most of the dress codes I have to deal with, though it can be supplemented with a vest or jacket in some cases. Belt must be leather, preferably 1.5" and absolutely not "tactical."

What I do not currently understand is the role of the belt. I've heard from Jon at Phlster that the traditional stiff hoop concealment belts don't work well for AIWB, but I've little information regarding belts and DCC clips. Obviously the belt is no longer directly load bearing, but it will affect various angles of the gun and associated kit.

What do I need to understand in order to select the correct belt, and what belts are recommended?

Vembo

I'm in the process of switching my carry rig from a not good Ruger LC9 in an excellent Raven Concealment Morrigan holster to a SiG M18 in a Phlster Flex rig. My intent is to suspend the rig on DCC clips and tuck a shirt over the lot. This will be necessary under most of the dress codes I have to deal with, though it can be supplemented with a vest or jacket in some cases. Belt must be leather, preferably 1.5" and absolutely not "tactical."

What I do not currently understand is the role of the belt. I've heard from Jon at Phlster that the traditional stiff hoop concealment belts don't work well for AIWB, but I've little information regarding belts and DCC clips. Obviously the belt is no longer directly load bearing, but it will affect various angles of the gun and associated kit.

What do I need to understand in order to select the correct belt, and what belts are recommended?
I personally have been running DCC Clips every day on every holster for the last three years. As far as belts go I cycled trough a few. Ran Ares belts with DCC Clips (no leather), ran Blue alpha gear belts with DCC Clips and now I'm running Vdevgrp belt with DCC Clips. As far as leather goes I think you have to be a bit more careful for the clip not to ruin and scratch the belt. I think your best bet is some of the Magpul belts or if you want to be more fancy and spend an extra buck you can go with one of Mene gene leather belts. IMO the belt is as important as the holster you carry your firearm in.

You still won't want too stiff of a belt for AIWB even if the belt is no longer load bearing. If it's too rigid there will still be gaps around either side of your holster and it will create hot spots that become uncomfortable very quickly.

I've been happy with a Crossbreed leather belt that I bought about 8 years ago. TheBeltman.net is perhaps another good option, just avoid the extra stiffener or the the stiffer materials. I currently wear a biothane belt with the DCC clips and it is holding up well, but it may not be quite there in terms of aesthetics compared to leather.

Not sure how the leather will hold up with the DCC clips...but I imagine your pants will wear down faster than the leather.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk