Belt

Santostype1

Amateur
Looking for a new belt. Use will be range/training, classes, and 2 gun competitions.
I’m leaning towards the bfg chlk. If you run one, how do you like it?
Any other similar belts to compare with or consider?
Thanks
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcusa

Lots of good belts out there. I will say the BFG CHLK is great and is one of the more comfortable ones I've used. The velcro inner is super secure and overall it is a well-designed belt. The only downside I've seen is the tether points can limit accessory/pouch mounting locations (unless you want to install over them). If it's in your price range, it's a solid option.

Another one to consider (IMO) is Blue Alpha. They make a sturdy and no-frills belt for the purposes you've outlined.

Santostype1

Amateur
Lots of good belts out there. I will say the BFG CHLK is great and is one of the more comfortable ones I've used. The velcro inner is super secure and overall it is a well-designed belt. The only downside I've seen is the tether points can limit accessory/pouch mounting locations (unless you want to install over them). If it's in your price range, it's a solid option.

Another one to consider (IMO) is Blue Alpha. They make a sturdy and no-frills belt for the purposes you've outlined.

Thanks. I’ll check it out.
Yeah I wondered about the drag straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WAVandal

The BFG CHLK is going to be a lot of over-kill for the intended purpose. The Blue Alpha with the MOLLE would be a solid option. I have a 2" version I use as a training belt when I'm not using my duty gear.

I heard a rumor at the Training Summit a more duty-oriented belt is coming from BFG, but I don't know much about the timeline.

JLL2013

Not drag straps on the BFG belt; they're to hook into vehicles.
I recommend the Eagle Industries gun belt (2 belt system with molle is pretty universal, i happen to like Eagle) for your purposes.