Bellyband Holster

Low_Speed_Notper8or

Its getting warmer by me and I am looking at more flexible ways to carry.

I have started giving a look at the bellyband and am giving it some thought. I like how you don't need pants with a belt, and also how it can be moved on your body(I.E.Hip or appendix carry for walking around, or moved up to act like a shoulder holster for driving ETC) and how it seems flexible with different guns.

Anyone have any experience with these? Do they have issues with larger guns? Saftey issues? Good brands to buy and knock offs?

I figure I would be carrying a walther subcompact in this and maybe later on a CZ compact.

Boy Scout

I haven’t tried one but have thinking about a Unity Clutch. Looks pretty baller with some serious cargo carrying ability.

MojoNixon

Established
I tried one a couple of years ago. It lasted about 5 minutes before I knew it just wasn’t for me. Got a full refund on return.

MojoNixon

Established
Mojo, did you try the Unity Clutch or another bellyband?
It was another one. Don’t recall which one. I’ve been thinking of giving it another shot as back when I tried it was just after the surgery I had to remove my entire colon and I had an ostomy bag at the time which caused issues. I couldn’t even appendix carry then. Things have changed much for the better since then (about 3 years ago). I think I could make it work now as I had the ostomy reversed thus no bag hanging off of my belly any more. I appendix carry everyday now with no problems. I’m looking for a better solution than a fanny pack for when I’m lounging and don’t have a good belt on.

MojoNixon

Established
Anyone have a line on a bellyband holster that will accommodate a G19 with comp and a TLR-1? And that isn’t as pricey as the Unity Clutch.

MojoNixon

Established
Depending on how big the band is they could be anywhere from right around your belt line to all the way up just below your armpits almost making a shoulder holster out of it.
Google search bellyband and then peruse the images. You’ll see many ways they can be worn.

MojoNixon

Established
I remembered which band I tried. Elite Tactical Systems Core Defender. I’m also thinking for just lounging around the house it would probably be a better fit with my Ruger LC9 rather than my comped lighted G19. I’m usually fully dressed and ready to hit the ground running when I’ve got the G19 on. It may wait awhile as my next purchase will probably be an 800 lumen TLR-1HL to replace my 300 lumen TLR-1. That will then go on my #2 sons G17 so he can finally get rid of his battery eating Inforce APL.