Beg them to make it | Primary & Secondary

Beg them to make it

Discussion in 'The Sweatshop' started by Phillip Boisselle, Sep 20, 2015.

1. The purpose of this thread is to beg some one/ any one to construct your idea for a product. The idea is you voice you idea, others in the thread post support for it, and hopeful some one from the company see's it and decides that enough people are interested in it to produce it. Do not harass employee's of fire arm, knife or tactical company's. This thread exist so they can passively see what might be worth making with out being bugged. I'd like to start the thread off with my request. I would really like to see a straight 6 magazine shingle with an all MOLLE front chest rig with 1" buckle to allow it to be used as an assault panel. SOE essentially produces this rig, but with 2 boxes on the front as by request for the NSW members its built to spec for. My hope is that theres others out there who want/need this rig/ will get use out of it.

Attached Files:

2. justin.coyle

justin.coyle Member

So why don't you order a custom rig from SOE as you want it? That'd probably take just as long as it would for another shop to spool up. If you want it to be made with something other that fastex buckles maybe you could send them some to use?

3. I asked John Willis personally, to which he reluctantly had to inform me that they can not do any custom work at this time nor do they think they'll be able to do it in the future. It's understandable. My next bes bet is Vel Tye, they make a rig a lot like that, but a lot more money.

4. Tactical22

Tactical22 Newbie

I'd love TT to make a low-vis, non-PALS version of their ROP in grey or similar non-tactical colors.

I'd also love to see 5.11 make the RUSH 24 in grey with no PALS.

5. King's_Own

King's_Own Amateur

I would love for Arcteryx to put some method of securing a beat mike on their jackets. Even if they could build it into a shoulder seem kind of like a 5.11 polo shirt.

6. Dan Easterday

Dan Easterday Member

I'd love to see a company make a ball cap that is ear pro friendly. High cuts over the ears do you get a good seal. I'm going to try out a boonie hat this weekend, but I'd like a good ball cap that fit my needs.

7. Tactical22

Tactical22 Newbie

I like that idea, as long as it doesn't look...dorky. Need to get rid of the button on top, too. Find a way to add an NVG mount to the back while still keeping size adjustment, and maybe snaps for a removeable chin strap, and you have the ultimate tactical baller cap.

8. Dan Easterday

Dan Easterday Member

Not looking to go that far with it, just want a cap that doesn't break my gel seal on my ear pro

Charles Carmichael likes this.
  9. I have back problems, but have to wear a leather duty belt every day. The way I fix it, is all my uniform pants have been modified. I removed the belt loops, and sew the soft loop portion of the velcro directly to the waist of the pants. This removes the pressure on my lower back caused by the under belt (it creates a narrow band of pressure due to thickness, and width being too much, too little respectively. I use the 2" velcro, and then use small sections of 1" velcro to secure belt stays where I need them. I can further alleviate some pain by removing the rubber shirt holder from inside the waist band, which makes the pants thinner in the waist, and better spreads the load to my waist line. If I could only buy these from a manufacturer and not have to keep modding my own pants, that would be fantastic. I am not a great seamstress yet, so I either pay $50 for Mrs. Kim to do it, or I risk them falling apart too soon. I have worn one pair for 6 months now, no signs of wear and tear. Looks like they last as long as the pants normally would, so far anyway. I even got this to work on a pair of 5.11 Stryke PDU with elastic waist, by leaving a small gap in the velcro. Happened to be where I put my belt keepers, so it worked out great.

Ben H likes this.
  10. ggammell

ggammell Member

I think you've got something here. I like the idea.

11. Blue Force Gear -> BALCS Minimus please

Nigel likes this.
  12. HCL3

HCL3 Newbie

Have you tried the Back Defender from Back Defense Systems yet?

13. MojoNixon

MojoNixon Member

A pair of pliers takes care of the button. I've never had one that wasn't removeable.

14. Fatboy

Fatboy Established

I'd like a minimalist plate carrier, front and rear plates only, built in side straps, Velcro panel on the upper of the front and rear, and a kangaroo pouch with no dividers that accepts load out pockets. Something similar to an LBT 6094 with out the cummerbund. Sounds like it should be easy to find, but my google-cuba's hit a brick wall.

While I'm dreaming, I'd also like the price point to be around $100 plus or minus.

15. MojoNixon

MojoNixon Member

It may not meet all your needs but have you looked at the Pig Brigandine PC?

16. Fatboy

Fatboy Established

I have not, but I'm off to find it. Thanks.

17. MojoNixon

MojoNixon Member

Check SKD. Usually $100 to $120 depending on version.
    I've had one for a couple of years now. Never an issue with it and can be totally slick or scaled up a lot depending on your needs.

18. No. Those suspender systems are far more complicated than having a proper fitting pair of pants with velcro on them. I have spoken to people who wear similar suspender systems, and they like them though.

19. Fatboy

Fatboy Established

So as it turns out, I found almost exactly what I'm looking for from T3 gear, and it has plates plus a few pouches.

http://www.t3gear.com/t3-active-shooter-response-kit-gen2/

Price isn't bad either for what you get.

nalesq likes this.