BE Meyers: GLARE RECOIL

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
https://primaryandsecondary.com/b-e-meyers-glare-recoil/
be01.jpg
B.E. Meyers Awarded Sole Source Contract by U.S. Marine Corps for Ocular Interruption System
February 10, 2016 (Redmond, WA) – Marine Corps Systems Command has selected B.E. Meyers & Co. as their sole source for the Ocular Interruption Program. The GLARE® RECOIL employs a dazzling laser to hail and warn potential threats while implementing escalation of force procedures. Commanders have a single, non-lethal hail and warning capable device to use across the range of Marine Corp military operations.

The GLARE® RECOIL represents the culmination of a decade of technological development used to create the safest and most effective ocular interruption laser in the world. The GLARE® RECOIL features pioneering EyeSafe® technology with the latest advancements in automatic power control.

The GLARE® RECOIL uses a 250mW maximum output power source, while its safety control design establishes the laser safety classification as a 2M laser system by using a Laser Range Finder (LRF), Near Field Detector (NFD), and 3-axis Gyroscope. This approach to laser safety in an ocular interruption device is unique to the B.E. Meyers design. The green beam is always effectively regulated by SmartRange™ technology and eye safety is sustained through controlling the maximum permissible exposure (MPE) on target.

“We set out to develop a system to provide a distinct tactical advantage for today’s Marine.” stated B.E. Meyers President Matt Meyers. “The GLARE® RECOIL system does just that by offering a weapons-mounted or hand-held dazzling laser that can be employed during Escalation of Force (EoF) situations. Tactical decisions have strategic consequences, which is why integrating green laser hail and warning capability into both land and maritime based EOF measures is critical for safe, effective response at all ranges”.

B.E. Meyers has made multiple successful deliveries to MARCORSYSCOM on an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract with a total budget of $49MM. In September 2015, B.E. Meyers became the sole source awardee for MARCORSYSCOM’s Ocular Interruption Program, contract number M67854-14-D-1040.

Mick1331

Is anyone running these or any glare device on the LE side of the house? I'm thinking it would be a great add on for specialty impact launchers as an escalation.

JammEEr23

I'm terribly sorry for posting here but I'm wondering if it's possible to buy it, I want to purchase it but I don't know where I can do it, can you help me out?

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
I'm terribly sorry for posting here but I'm wondering if it's possible to buy it, I want to purchase it but I don't know where I can do it, can you help me out?

I would guess it is heavily regulated - not available for sale