BB/Pellet guns for marksmanship training

Mike G

Amateur
Vendor
VIP
Who knows about BB/Pellet guns? I'm particularly interested in premium guns that I can use for pistol marksmanship (free, SHO, WHO), and rifle marksmanship (~three position-ish with some other stuff). I don't want to buy a toy. I want something that is accurate enough to give me reasonable feedback on accuracy performance.

What should I buy to shoot in my garage/basement at 10m-ish to improve a component of my shooting performance?

oda175

https://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-reviews/ar15-177-air-rifle-conversion-upper/

Used these working at the Marksmanship Unit while I was on the Service Rifle team. We spent a good deal of time on the indoor 10m we range with these just working standing offhand; on bad weather days or the off season to stay sharp. I cannot speak highly enough of air rifle training; surely paid dividends. These uppers were more than accurate. Pistol guys may have had something similar- but shot more of the .22LR on their covered ranges.

Id say regardless of the end design (for example an “Olympic” style air pistol) as long as you are putting in reps of solid sight alignment and trigger control it’ll pay off.

Mike G

Amateur
Vendor
VIP
ODA175,
Looks like an awesome training tool that was unfortunately ahead of it's time and/or released in a time period where it couldn't be appreciated in mass. Best I can tell, it has been discontinued. It would probably sell quite well in today's market, I know I would pick up one. Oh well, the search continues.