Battery compatibility between SF and modlite?

MOT

Does anyone know if I can run a modlite 18650 off of a surefire rechargeable cell? And vice versa? Will it fry the internals or cause some problems? Obviously i haven’t tried because of this concern.
I’m sure SF would tear me a new one if they heard about any cross pollination.
I like the performance of both lights I just would like to standardize on one type of battery. Preferably the SF one as it’s easier to charge while out and about.

Thanks in advance.

Default.mp3

Established
As long as the 18650 has a 10A continuous discharge rate, it'll be fine. Some older models of SureFire 18650s do not have that level of output, such as the SF18650A that came with the M600DF or Fury DFT.

Royroy

Amateur
I run Surefire batteries (they are red with the built in micro usb charging port) in mine and haven’t had any issues. @Default.mp3 can you clarify the difference between the A and B batteries? Seems like the A’s have been discontinued possibly black in color with no charging port?

Reactions: MOT

Default.mp3

Established
I run Surefire batteries (they are red with the built in micro usb charging port) in mine and haven’t had any issues. @Default.mp3 can you clarify the difference between the A and B batteries? Seems like the A’s have been discontinued possibly black in color with no charging port?
Sounds about right. I personally do just use high quality 18650s in general, there's nothing special about the Modlite or SureFire ones.