Batteries, batteries

N

nate89

I figured we could have a source for battery info, since optics, lights, et all don't do a whole lot of good without them. I think it is pretty common knowledge that the Surefire CR123 batteries are the way to go, but what about AA, AAA, CR2, 2032, and other common batteries for lights, optics, etc.? Is there are Surefire equivalent for other batteries, or is there a gold standard to use in other types of batteries? Experiences good or bad with certain brands? Are there good places online to purchase quantities of batteries for a good deal? Any info or experiences would be nice for those looking to purchase in the future.

W

Whootsinator

Amazon had the best AA and AAA prices last time I bought batteries. There are a few "good guy" vendors, like http://www.batterystation.com/. They had a CR123 + Pelican case package that saved me some cash and gave me two battery boxes for the field that can power a squad's worth of basic electronics (optics, PEQ-15s, NODs). The battery and flashlight wizard at http://precision.works/ recommended Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries for all non-rechargeable needs, and that advice has worked well for me. Especially for things you need to keep batteries in, go lithium. For rechargeables, Eneloops were recommended.

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
For 9V, AA & AAA I use Energizer Ultimate Lithium. All my 2032 batteries are Duracell Lithium (that's what Aimpoint recommends and ships with their sights).

Ike

voodoo_man

Established
Enelope Pro for AA and AAA batteries. I bought some random energizer charger once upon a time but it works well for these batteries. I use them in everything (including flashlights) but specifically for my flashes (photography). I used Energizer before and these easily last 2x-4x times the Energizer equivalent.

TomF

Second for Eneloop for AA and AAA if you have the option to keep and recharge. I use them daily in flashlights, radios, GPS and other items. They have paid for themselves many times over. Costco usually has a good deal on a pack with charger. Additional batts available on Amazon for good price.