Ballistic Apps

I have two ballistic apps, applied ballistics and shooter ballistics. Both are IOS. I haven’t had a lot of time to test them side by side but one thing I noticed right off the bat is the difference in the tables. Everything entered is the same between both apps. Wind is set on a 6mph tailwind. Shooting a 308 gmm 168 grain Sierra bullet. Left is the Applied Ballistics app right is shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yondering

Yeah, that's to be expected somewhat, they are using slightly different math for the calculations. I have 4 or 5 different ballistic apps on my phone and they all give slightly different results. Some guys claim Ballistic AE (Applied Ballistics) is the most accurate but I haven't found that to necessarily be true, and the user interface is pretty complex. Pick one and tweak the settings to match your actual measured drops; any of the calculators are just an estimate until you've trued them to your results.

A couple others I like for iOS are iSnipe and MD Ballistics. iSnipe has the best UI in my opinion and uses Litz b.c. values, and MD Ballistics has an interesting reticle/target view on the main page where you can dial in your range easily. MD Ballistics also has a feature to set different b.c. values for specific velocity windows (like Sierra and Hornady publish for their bullets) and I like that.