Backyard Ballistics

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
I set out to test some of the popular and high end defensive rounds to see what my two uppers would like best. Some folks on Discord asked for velocity data on a couple of the rounds I had and I was able to get my hands on a Pro Chrono. I quickly came to the realization that I bit off more than I could chew. Shooting groups for accuracy from the 100 with only an EoTech is not a great idea. I was trying to collect way too much data at one time. Truth be told the remaining parts needed for my P4Xi were sitting in my mailbox at home while I was at the range. Timing what it was, I had 3.5 hours of time to my self on a 300 yard range. I wasn't going to waste it. I got a few good groups (around 2 inches) and I consider myself to be about that as a shooter so good, good.

I ran 20 rounds (4 5 shot groups) through a 16" BCM Middy and an 11.5" BCM ELW. Both are free floated. More rifle specs in the attachment. I've got the targets but I'm not ready to post any groups at this time (mainly because many of them suck).

Hopefully you find this interesting.

Attachments

• 223:556 Ballistics.pdf
    24.6 KB · Views: 18