ATN X sight 3-14 worth the money,wait or find something else?

Farmboy20

I’m looking into nvg scopes and head mounts I’m a big fan of the head mount nods and ir laser set up but tbh I’m just not in the possession of that much cash to get in nods like that and buy quality gear. So i came across the ATN x day night scope would that be a viable alternative or should i keep looking? These will mostly be used to cull the coyotes in my area so they will leave the newborn calfes alone. The ranges i have are usually 20-300 yards in my area unless I’m in a very big field. Thx in advance for any info dropped

jBravo3

I know what you mean on cash. I run sheep on my place. Coyotes are a constant concern. It's about 150yds to my barn and winter lot from my porch, and a Sightmark Photon XT 4x does what I need it to do with the built in illuminator. Before anyone on here freaks out, no it isn't professional grade, no I wouldn't use it at work, but it's done well for what it is and what I use it for. Having said that, clarity, field of view, etc. is better than the trash I deployed with in 2003/2004 (yes, I'm being serious). I compared it to several different ATN models when I was shopping a couple years ago and went with the Photon XT because of the price and simplicity. No complaints.

bman940

I met a guy in OK who was looking for the same thing. Something to watch over his calves at night and whack a few coyotes in the process. I have a thermal monocular I showed him that he really liked and then I told him I was getting ready to sight in my new ThOR 4 384 4.5-18x and he could watch. I have it on top of a 6.5 CM and he was amazed that it took 2 shots to get where I wanted to be and 1 more to make sure. I let him look through it, scroll up the magnification and pound an 8-inch steel plate at 150 yards. My guess is he will be owning one very shortly. I showed him how easy it is to set up the bluetooth and to get pics/video on the micro SD card too. I hadn't set up the bullet drop part but that also looks very easy and would come in handy for long shots on coyotes/pigs. A buddy has been using the X-Sight 4K and posting video's on youtube of his coyote kills, pretty cool features and great video quality. You can even add a rangefinder and sync it to your device for instant yardage adjustment.