Athletic Hand Warmers for my kit; suggestions?

Camb453

I live in the Rocky Mountains and have always trained and been out in the mountains in the winter but always have dragged my feet on purchasing a hand warmer pouch. I was doing a night shoot last weekend and realized I finally want to pull the trigger on it. I know there are tactical companies that make the tubular pouches to warm your hands but I think they are probably over priced and have too many tactical attachments and such that I dont want and wont use. I am looking at Football pouches instead but I have no experience with any of them. Does anyone have any insight or experience with hand warmer pouches?

Default.mp3

Established
I use a SORD Stormtrooper, have no other experiences with handwarmers.

Besides football, you can also look at what hunters use, might give you something with more earth tone colors.

I have been told to avoid any of the fuzzy lined ones if possible, e.g., the First-Spear hand warmer that uses a fleece liner. Not only does it attract and retain dirt better, it also does the same thing for snow, which then also melts into water, and is around longer than a smooth lining. IME, I have gotten snow into the handwarmer before, when having to manipulate stuff in snow, it getting onto the glove, and then getting into the handwarmer itself.

Royroy

Amateur
I have the first spear handwarmer. It’s a little pricey but it gives me the options of attaching it to my belt or wearing it like a Fanny pack or clipping it to a plate carrier. It also stuffs into its own pouch that is attached for storage for the 8 months out of the year I don’t need it. It is fleeced line so I would imagine if you you got snow packed in it it would suck. If you just want something for the range and always wear a plate carrier there are some cheaper options like the HRT tactical hand warmer. Do you want something just for flat range night shoots or do you have other needs?

Camb453

I have the first spear handwarmer. It’s a little pricey but it gives me the options of attaching it to my belt or wearing it like a Fanny pack or clipping it to a plate carrier. It also stuffs into its own pouch that is attached for storage for the 8 months out of the year I don’t need it. It is fleeced line so I would imagine if you you got snow packed in it it would suck. If you just want something for the range and always wear a plate carrier there are some cheaper options like the HRT tactical hand warmer. Do you want something just for flat range night shoots or do you have other needs?
Mine needs are fairly wide ranging. It will be flat range, mountain lion tracking, hiking and everything in between.