Armor help

Turkishroy

*non professional use*

I didn't see a better place to post this, as it's not pertaining to any line of work usage but I can't seem to find any particularly useful info here or anywhere else. I have zero experience with armor systems.

I recently came into a new old stock mar-ciras with the intent of using it for weighted calisthenics. I didn't see much point in buying training plates since heavier, quality options exist for actual armor at a reasonable price (I'll get a dedicated plate carrier down the road to train in) so I bought a pair of Hesco 4401 in large ( sapi I believe ).

While I'm to understand that the ciras was designed intentionally for balcs soft armor, I've read that plates can be added to improve protection. I can't find any information on how exactly those are used in conjunction. My concern being that the plate slides right to the bottom of the bags. How was the plate held into the appropriate position? If I can at least figure that out I can devise a way to properly position them without the balcs. This is primarily a concern for movement in the carrier while jogging or running - again not anticipating being shot at.

The inside of the front bag has a small strap with buckles, but it's too short to loop under the front plate in any meaningful way and the rear bag has nothing like that inside of it

blitz

The ciras never held plates where it should have in my experience. This is one of the reasons it eventually got phased out.

HighTower

*non professional use*

I didn't see a better place to post this, as it's not pertaining to any line of work usage but I can't seem to find any particularly useful info here or anywhere else. I have zero experience with armor systems.

I recently came into a new old stock mar-ciras with the intent of using it for weighted calisthenics. I didn't see much point in buying training plates since heavier, quality options exist for actual armor at a reasonable price (I'll get a dedicated plate carrier down the road to train in) so I bought a pair of Hesco 4401 in large ( sapi I believe ).

While I'm to understand that the ciras was designed intentionally for balcs soft armor, I've read that plates can be added to improve protection. I can't find any information on how exactly those are used in conjunction. My concern being that the plate slides right to the bottom of the bags. How was the plate held into the appropriate position? If I can at least figure that out I can devise a way to properly position them without the balcs. This is primarily a concern for movement in the carrier while jogging or running - again not anticipating being shot at.

The inside of the front bag has a small strap with buckles, but it's too short to loop under the front plate in any meaningful way and the rear bag has nothing like that inside of it
Sew on some additional length?