AR Comps

Longinvs

Quantified Performance
What's the gun being used for? Any plans for mounting a suppressor on it?

Bub

Amateur
I don't know how long you have had the gun, but the standard flash hider works well for most applications.

I hear wonderful things about the BCM Gunfighter Comp. Mod. 1 for a compensator. An AAC Brakeout, or the current equivalent, also works really well. There is a lot of concussive report and flames. However, this out of an SBR. I'm not sure about a standard 16-inch rifle. From experience with AKs, I love what JMAC Customs has done with their RRD-4Cs. They make them for ARs, as well.

But, most people would recommend taming any felt recoil through an alternative avenue. Buffer spring, buffer, etc. That said, if you were looking for something to tame signature, then a Battlecomp comes to mind.

Longinvs

Quantified Performance
I just put a bcm comp on my gun. Once I put in more rounds I’ll give a report but the biggest improvement I’ve noticed, to echo ArmedNovelist, was putting in a Geissele buffer from a JP SCS.

I just put a bcm comp on my gun. Once I put in more rounds I’ll give a report but the biggest improvement I’ve noticed, to echo ArmedNovelist, was putting in a Geissele buffer from a JP SCS.

The JP Enterprises system is amazing, by the way, OP. Another good option is to swap your existing buffer tube with a VLTOR RE-A5 extended tube and buffer assembly. The best one I've seen in when a gentleman took an VLTOR tube and threw a JP buffer assembly system in it. It's quiet, eliminates the "end-cap tap", where the buffer bottoms out, and doesn't add too much weight to the rifle overall.

I have been using a Sons of liberty gun works NOX for a little over 5 months now, have zero complaints. Basically SOLGW version of the warcomp. It resides on a 14.5 Triarc upper pinned and welded. It's on a lower with the VLTOR A5 system and it is by far the flattest shooting gun i own. Added bonus is it is a mount for Dead Air Sandman cans. I just recently purchased a BCM upper with the mod 0 gunfighter comp on it. Don't have any rounds through it yet, but i will post an update when i have a sufficient amount through the upper.

Dpvaz56

Have used a BCM Mod 1 and original PWS FSC. IMO PWS was superior to the BCM in terms of compensation (probably slightly less in flash reduction) and I liked it a lot, made my 14.5” middy run stupid flat. That being said, all my rifles have flash hiders now.

Aside from going to an all out brake (Lantac Dragon comes to mind), the War Comp is the best combo device out there. Period. There is nothing that eliminates flash while increasing controllability like the SF War Comp. Period