Appropriate Response

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping that there could be a legitimate discussion, and if this has been talked about previously I apologize for not finding the discussion, about unconstitutional laws and the appropriate response. The easiest example to reference is obviously the second amendment, but this extends to to freedom of speech or religion or any of our god given rights. When politicians talk about banning and confiscating firearms, it’s easy for people to say “from my cold dead hands.” It’s a situation that isn’t actually unfolding, there are no consequences. But as a husband and father, and law abiding citizen, I don’t know what I would do if that type of law was passed. I believe that the government doesn’t grant rights, that the constitution was intended to define what the government can’t take away, but I also can’t provide for my family from prison. I’m curious as to what others, especially those in a law enforcement or military role, would consider an appropriate response, or what you would actually do, not just an emotional or knee-jerk response. And saying that police won’t come to your door just isn’t true, if they want to they will find someone willing.

Barry B

I think this is a legitimate discussion, one I hope that we never have to discuss or experience as it unfolds for real.

For context, I’ll be 57 in NOV 20, I have been associated as an employee of a 3 letter intelligence agency or a contractor with that agency since 1988. Went contract in 1997. I’ve been polygraphed repeatedly to maintain my employment. Grew up in Northern VA where everyone works for the gov’t, or their brother does.

I am providing this information because if I ever feel strongly enough to stand against my gov’t, it won’t be because I’m butthurt, or I can’t have a gun, or because there are 32 genders... it’s because I’m giving up 100% of my ability to earn a living, making a decision to be a criminal, and I then see the gov’t as my enemy and the enemy of the citizens of the US and anything that is legitimately good. It’s hard for me to believe I could ever see the US gov’t as that malignant. I think for the most part, people are stupid, and make poor decisions (banning certain guns, ignoring others, or facts, data, etc). I believe that our gov’t fails based on stupidity, vice malice that fuels conspiracies that are created to herd the sheople - politics aside. I mean, we elect people that are so stupid they think Guam will tip over if we forward deply troops there. That’s the level of stupidity in our gov’t and our elected officials. That’s staggering.

That said, if they banned ALL guns... I’d have a decision to make. A very, very hard decision. Not every gun I own is tied to me, some are used, some could get stolen. But at the end of they day, you are making a concious decision to stand against the gov’t of the country you live in. That’s a very dark line to draw in the sand and not one to make lightly. I’ll be curious to see what others share.

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.