Apple Watch feedback

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
I'm thinking about getting an Apple Watch. Christmas is around the corner and my wife is asking what I want. She wants one and thought I may be interested in one too. I never had interest but I checked one out in the store today anyhow. It's kind of nifty. I'm more interested than I thought I would be.

What I'm looking for is feedback from anyone who uses one and is in a law enforcement setting. Are they durable enough? Pros. Cons. Any software that lends itself to the job?

I’ve worn one on duty for about 6 months. I mainly use it for pulling up a Miranda card (photo that I have saved as a favorite so it comes up immediately) and dictating reports/notes/observations. It connects to the phone via bluetooth, so I’ve got it connected to my personal phone, because the work phone is connected to the bodycam.

Other than that, I mostly use it for tracking heart rate, duration, and distance for workouts. No durability concerns, but make sure if you get an aftermarket band it won’t pop off easily. Had trouble with a couple cheap ones using a NATO strap, the pins are too short and would come off in a fight.

Did you buy one?