APC9 Setup

Western

Amateur
I just bought a B&T APC9 and put a SB brace on it. It's an awesome gun so far and I'm looking to set it up for home defense and then compete with it some in the PCC class. The competition side of things is very much a secondary consideration.

I think there are three main things I want to add to it:
- Red dot sight of some kind. I've looked at the EOTech XPS2, Trijicon MRO, and Aimpoint T2. Definitely leaning towards the first two because of cost. The MRO's longer battery life is definitely a plus but I think I prefer the reticle and larger window of the EOTech. Alternatively, I've been considering getting a Trijicon SRO for one of my handguns for a long time; could I get that and swap it between the APC9 and my handgun?
- Forward grip or handstop. My thumb comes very close to the barrel using my normal grip and I don't want to burn the crap out of myself. I can't put a vertical grip on it because it's a pistol, my usual go-to is the BCM foregrip but that's obviously out of the picture now.
- Light. The only light I have right now is a Surefire XH35 that sits on my defensive handgun. Would something like Surefire M600 be too big for my limited rail space?

I think after that I'll be in good shape. I'm not a huge fan of the backup iron sights that come standard with the gun but it's not a big deal to me.

JB1

What are you using for belt mounted mag pouches on this? I’ve got an APC9 that takes Glock mags and I’m trying to figure out what pouch is best to carry the 32 round Glock mags.

Wake27

If you were swapping optics, you’d have to re-zero every time you switched guns which is kind of dumb. Any of those are fine. While I like the Eotech reticle the best and I hate on Aimpoint for a few reasons, something with a long battery is my preferred for HD. Whether you want to drop that kind of money on an Aimpoint or try one of the newer less proven options is up to you. My HD gun has a T2 and always will have something that I have full faith in. But I do have several Vortex Crossfires and a Holosun, all with very long battery life and they’ve all been fine for me so far.

As for lights, a two cell may be kind of big for that gun. I’d personally go with something like the M340C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoobe01

Established
I never got why guns like this come without a 40¢ plastic handstop pre-installed. Remove if you want, but otherwise it's a safety feature. Lots exist, I'd get one right away or...

Combine it in principle with the light. On most of my longguns I have an X300 (or TLR equivalent if it doesn't matter so much) all the way forward at 6-o'clock, then a little plastic handstop behind that to keep from accidentally activating. That's my hand index then for all other stuff (lasers...).

May well be too short for the SMG-sized thing, but it would be my first thought, I'd strip bits off another gun to bolt that on and see how it felt.

Diz

A couple of thoughts to add to Shoobe's musings. You're sorta in between sizes here. A full-sized optic (or WL for that matter) is sorta big here. I would be looking for accessories that go with the PDW-style concept. MRO might be a good fit; nice comp between smaller size and big-r FOV. Also new 1 cell WL's are brighter than a lot of older 2-cells.

On pouches, seen lots of SF dudes in training classes that just rocked open top single AR mag pouches. So they might load two Glock mags in one, and a spare AR mag in the other (on the belt line). I just loaned an old chest rig to a buddy going a on a road trip next week. He's got that baby loaded up with Happy mags for his B&T. Looked pretty good!

txstiguy

For mag pouches I’ve had good luck with hsgi extended tacos both on bb and cr with Glock and MP5. T2 all the way,