Anyone run this helmet or deal with this company?

Mballz23

Background, I’ve been tasked with procurement for new armor, carriers, comms, and helmets for my agency’s SWAT team.

My personal helmet I went with that I’m still waiting on is an OpsCore SF.

Now I’m on the fence about the helmet I’m going to end up purchasing for the team. On my list is the OpsCore XP and LE. And a helmet I found out about today. Now I know the XP and SF are SOCOM rated and not NIJ. The LE is NIJ rated however the thing weighs 3.5lbs

I called Hesco to get a quote for armor and they put me in touch with a company called United Shield that HESCO OEMs plates for and they could get me in touch with a distributor. I talked with the rep from United Shield for a while and he started talking about helmets. My main concern was weight and protection. On top of how the helmet itself was tested.

The first helmet I looked at outside of OpsCore was 3M’s new helmet, however I found out that they test the material to NIJ 3a then form it into the helmet. Also their warranty is pretty much voided if you actually use the helmet. So 3M helmets are off the table for me.

United Shield stated that they form it into the helmet then test the helmet.

My question is has anyone used or been issued this helmet? Or have any experience with this helmet.

This is the helmet in question:
http://us.unitedshield.com/index.php/portfolio-item/specopsdeltagenii/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisW

Just over five years ago, our old procurement guy got us the United Shield Sprint, which is a SUPER high cut version of the Spec-Ops helmet. The Sprint, despite the lower coverage area is noticeably heavier than OPS Core FAST SF that we have just selected to replace it.

The United Shield helmets needed new pads and retention as soon as we received them, with some pads just plain falling out. The pads in the link above do look like an improvement.

We've had ongoing problems with the shroud not interfacing properly with the Willcox G24 mounts we're using. When we first started individual issuing our PVS-14s, guys weren't able to attach them and trust it was going to stay put.

That being said, the support from our supplier was pretty good when the issues came up. But, we are looking forward to the Ops-Core helmets to be delivered.

Hope this helps.

Mballz23

Just over five years ago, our old procurement guy got us the United Shield Sprint, which is a SUPER high cut version of the Spec-Ops helmet. The Sprint, despite the lower coverage area is noticeably heavier than OPS Core FAST SF that we have just selected to replace it.

The United Shield helmets needed new pads and retention as soon as we received them, with some pads just plain falling out. The pads in the link above do look like an improvement.

We've had ongoing problems with the shroud not interfacing properly with the Willcox G24 mounts we're using. When we first started individual issuing our PVS-14s, guys weren't able to attach them and trust it was going to stay put.

That being said, the support from our supplier was pretty good when the issues came up. But, we are looking forward to the Ops-Core helmets to be delivered.

Hope this helps.

It does. Thank you. I just got one for T&E and it’s no where near as comfortable as an Ops Core SF or an MTEK. I’m waiting on my MTEK T&E. The helmet puts odd pressure in weird spots, I don’t like the retention system, interferes with Comms. It’s a BOA but it’s their design and not Team Wendy’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk