Any safe workouts with foot injury?

I just had surgery on my foot that I am not supposed to put any weight on for at least the next two weeks.

I figured that my only options are workouts that are isolated to my core over that time.

Any other options I’m overlooking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggest working up to a 1600M swim per day. You can do a lot of poolside workout such as gutter ups etc. Work within your means in the beginning. Working on stroke efficiency and then endurance.

I just had surgery on my foot that I am not supposed to put any weight on for at least the next two weeks.

I figured that my only options are workouts that are isolated to my core over that time.

Any other options I’m overlooking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any non-standing, traditional push/pull. Large range-of-motion exercises (wether sick or healthy) such as weighted pull-ups/chin-ups, barbell presses, and barbell rows combined with a progression scheme (increase reps, sets, or weight), will yield the best results. Also, I’ve seen studies that show more abdominal engagement on pull-ups rather than any variation of sit-up, when measured on an EMG. I’ve anecdotally found this to be 100% true. Get well.

shoobe01

For the water ones, I have to ask if it's okay to immerse? All surgery I have had said not to for weeks at a time. If you ask them about bathing they say to plastic wrap but swimming is several steps too far; not allowed to fully immerse no matter how well protected.

Regardless of which you go with, Go Slow. Zero weight means even getting into the pool/machine. We get used to using our whole bodies, so get a spotter, don't be shy about using the crazy pool lift, etc. No toughing it out. Follow the instructions to the letter to keep from re-injuring it. Have had too many friends who fucked themselves up forever for not letting shit heal right.

How about indoor rowing? Do not know particulars of your surgery but it rowing does not put weight on foot per se. Your mileage may vary.