Any other HK Fan's here?

Bill Assande

Amateur
Regardless if you carry one for duty or concealed carry who else here likes HK pistols? What model do you like the most and why? My personal favorite is the P2000 with the LEM trigger. I like the aesthetics of the pistol, and compared to the USP Compact I find it more comfortable to shoot thanks to exchanging the back strap It does not have quite as smooth of a trigger as my USP9c LEM but it is much better than the P30L v3 (standard DASA).

pointblank4445

Established
Before discovering the "red dot life", the P2000 with Todd Green LEM was my jam for CCW. Very underrated pistol both in the HK community and the pistol community. It's my secret wish that they had an up-sized P2k frame like the original HK45 non-spider web grip and fire controls to be the P30, and used the poly-wrapped Expert/18-round mags. I've enjoyed some of the work that Rick Holm (Lazy Wolf, formerly of Gray guns) is doing with mixing and matching the P2000sk frame and PMM comp on a P2k frame.
Carried a full-size HK45 on duty for many years and transitioned our dept. over to the Vp9 before Glock got their shit together with the Gen5 series.

Cryin' shame they've left designs like the USP to struggle with their dated features. Larry Vickers used to say HK would be the most fucked up company if Beretta didn't exist. At least in respect to getting legacy pistols into the 21st century, Beretta has answered the call finally (largely thanks to Langdon but Beretta has not stood in the way).

Bill Assande

Amateur
All true, I love shooting DAO pistols way more than I thought I would. I'm really hoping there will be both an OR P30/P2000 of some kind in the future but I doubt it will happen. Rick's latest P2000 SK hybrid looks amazing, I'm strongly thinking of sending him mine for a action job and then getting it milled for a 509T. As for Beretta if I could find a 92x DAO I would send that to LTT in a heartbeat, out of the box the LTT ELite and 92x triggers are better than any other DA/SA trigger I've felt recently.

pointblank4445

Established
As for Beretta if I could find a 92x DAO I would send that to LTT in a heartbeat, out of the box the LTT ELite and 92x triggers are better than any other DA/SA trigger I've felt recently.

The LTT NP3 trigger job I've got on one of my Berettas smokes anything I've ever had from HK for certain, and I was running a pair of worked over Experts there for a hot minute with some solid results.

Bill Assande

Amateur
The LTT NP3 trigger job I've got on one of my Berettas smokes anything I've ever had from HK for certain, and I was running a pair of worked over Experts there for a hot minute with some solid results.
USP Expert was one of my personal grail guns and it's probably my favorite range gun. I'm hoping this year to finally have a chance to shoot it in a match.

My first pistol was a P30 LEM bought at first sight. Terrible shooting .40 though it but it’s still that sentimental first love.

75c7d66d01ad575f092deff299b450dc.jpg

c31d57e134f0b16fc2a35e1426502496.jpg

Bill Assande

Amateur
My first pistol was a P30 LEM bought at first sight. Terrible shooting .40 though it but it’s still that sentimental first love.

75c7d66d01ad575f092deff299b450dc.jpg

c31d57e134f0b16fc2a35e1426502496.jpg
The only .40 I have ever owned is a USP40 that I picked up over the summer when I thought I was going into the academy and would have to qualify with a .40 caliber pistol. I've never been a fan of the cartridge but in the USP its not unpleasant to shoot. It also didn't hurt I was still able to stock up on ammo when 9 & 45 disappeared.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Bill Assande

Amateur
My handgun roster has definitely become a bit brand-centric, though if I could find a 92D with a Vertec slide I would be all over that.
16d6cf863f255ef28569b28dd3543ac8.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Default.mp3

Established
Thanks, I've heard a lot of great feedback on his work from the HKPro forum page, and he's probably who I'm going with.
Eh, I'm not sure I would trust much of what's said on HKPro, given the crowd there.

That being said, Housel has been doing slide mounted RDS since the beginning, when the only other games in town were Bowie Tactical and ATEi. He was the first guy to figure out how to mount an RMR to an H&K slide, when Bowie said it was impossible (Bowie did a P30 with a DeltaPoint as the first RDS'd H&K, AFAIK). If you look at @DocGKR's guns, a lot of them have work from Housel. The best part is, IME, Housel is extremely responsive via email (I've gotten emails from him while he was on vacation); good comms seems to be a rare commodity in the gun world, so this was a very pleasant change. My P30LSes originally had RMRs that he had mounted, and he was also able to swap it to ACROs (pretty sure mine were the first ones to have ACROs mounted).

cogt3

Quantified Performance
Eh, I'm not sure I would trust much of what's said on HKPro, given the crowd there.

That being said, Housel has been doing slide mounted RDS since the beginning, when the only other games in town were Bowie Tactical and ATEi. He was the first guy to figure out how to mount an RMR to an H&K slide, when Bowie said it was impossible (Bowie did a P30 with a DeltaPoint as the first RDS'd H&K, AFAIK). If you look at @DocGKR's guns, a lot of them have work from Housel. The best part is, IME, Housel is extremely responsive via email (I've gotten emails from him while he was on vacation); good comms seems to be a rare commodity in the gun world, so this was a very pleasant change. My P30LSes originally had RMRs that he had mounted, and he was also able to swap it to ACROs (pretty sure mine were the first ones to have ACROs mounted).

Great to hear some first hand feedback on a site like this as opposed to HKPro. I have 2 USP that eventually I would like to have milled, 50yo eyes need all the help they can get. But I have been hesitant to blindly send them off.
54c7b74f017b9b56b4c1cf4e0e63c2e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Soltern

Do you by any chance have more pictures of how the ACRO plate / milling has been done ? I'm in France so I can't just send a slide to the same guy as you, but I've been wanting to find a guy capable of doing just that in France.

I'm a huge fan of both your P30LS for some years now and I've never been really that much into RMRs, but the ACRO looks gorgeous and I've got to shoot one on an austrian square-gun, was pretty pleased with it.

Default.mp3

Established
Do you by any chance have more pictures of how the ACRO plate / milling has been done ? I'm in France so I can't just send a slide to the same guy as you, but I've been wanting to find a guy capable of doing just that in France.

I'm a huge fan of both your P30LS for some years now and I've never been really that much into RMRs, but the ACRO looks gorgeous and I've got to shoot one on an austrian square-gun, was pretty pleased with it.
Some prototyping pictures that Mark had sent me:
SI3IdQJ.jpg

Q27qvDQ.jpg

Mark Housel said:
Your slide, having already had an RMR adapter makes the design slightly different, but not significantly. The mounting holes will be in slightly different locations on an adapter that is on a slide that didn't already have mounting holes in place.

Completed:
DS2JfUe.jpg

PTMulyTh.jpg

UD4uvooh.jpg

5veDdjeh.jpg

SerFS58h.jpg